Home

Fight A Friend

This is a discussion on Fight A Friend within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2016, 06:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fight A Friend

I think a really good yet simple option that is needed for ultimate team is 'Fight A Friend'. At the moment we only have the option for online/offline fights. We should have the ability to invite and fight someone we chose either by gamer tags or on friends list. Instead of getting coins for a win we can have coins for a wager which the winner takes home.
This would not only be perfect for fighting friends or whatever but also the morons who send hate mail after you beat them down, saying 'I would have beat you IF...'. I don't think having a wager for standard fights would be feasible but on an invite only match would be perfect.
What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 07:22 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Fight A Friend

Good idea, I would like to be able use my UT cafs in fights against my friends.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:42 AM   #3
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChendez
I think a really good yet simple option that is needed for ultimate team is 'Fight A Friend'. At the moment we only have the option for online/offline fights. We should have the ability to invite and fight someone we chose either by gamer tags or on friends list. Instead of getting coins for a win we can have coins for a wager which the winner takes home.
This would not only be perfect for fighting friends or whatever but also the morons who send hate mail after you beat them down, saying 'I would have beat you IF...'. I don't think having a wager for standard fights would be feasible but on an invite only match would be perfect.
What do you guys think?
Hate to burst your bubble but if we are able to bet coins with friends then your are gunna have ppl milking the system and cheating more and more all for fake coins.

Now on the other hand a unranked quick match/private match option in the UT main menu would be cool. I would love to take my caf and challenge a friend who is also on the leaderboard to a unranked UT Caf Fight.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:46 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Hate to burst your bubble but if we are able to bet coins with friends then your are gunna have ppl milking the system and cheating more and more all for fake coins.

Now on the other hand a unranked quick match/private match option in the UT main menu would be cool. I would love to take my caf and challenge a friend who is also on the leaderboard to a unranked UT Caf Fight.
But if you are wagering coins you aren't farming anything. If I wager 500 coins against a friend who wagers 500 coins. 1 of us is losing coins. If I let you win 10 I would have 5000 coins off you, you wouldn't be able to farm back and forth because you wouldn't get anywhere unlike if it was like a standard fight earning coins.
I think it would be cool to put something on the line against friends and rematch those who want it.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:50 AM   #5
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChendez
But if you are wagering coins you aren't farming anything. If I wager 500 coins against a friend who wagers 500 coins. 1 of us is losing coins. If I let you win 10 I would have 5000 coins off you, you wouldn't be able to farm back and forth because you wouldn't get anywhere unlike if it was like a standard fight earning coins.
I think it would be cool to put something on the line against friends and rematch those who want it.
What about if I got 50,000 extra coins and I'm done with UT, then I can easily just lose them to you in a bet to help you get a edge. That's not fair at all. I'm more in favor of some type of barter system with ppl and a small charge fee with coins to use this feature.

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 05-25-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 08:57 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
What about if I got 50,000 extra coins and I'm done with UT, then I can easily just lose them to you in a bet to help you get a edge. That's not fair at all. I'm more in favor or some type of barter system with ppl and a small charge fee with coins to use this feature.
But I would have to have 50,000 coins to match the wager. afterall that could easily be overcome by a cap on wager amount. Since the most you can make in an online fight is 1.6-2k coins that would be a logical cap.
Based on your assumption that person A is tired with UT do you think they are going to sit through that many fights to pass their coins to person B. Especially considering person B might not even have 2k coins to wager in the first place. Not only that with a logical cap it depreciates the worth of even attempting to farm coins in such a way since a player could just go online and make as much in 2 fights.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #7
Rookie

Mrbluray's Arena

Too easily exploitable...

1) Create a dummy account
2) Have friend play on dummy account
3) Have friend bet all his coins and lose
4) Delete Dummy Account
5) Start over from step 1
Old 05-25-2016, 12:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbluray
Too easily exploitable...

1) Create a dummy account
2) Have friend play on dummy account
3) Have friend bet all his coins and lose
4) Delete Dummy Account
5) Start over from step 1
But you need to have coins on the dummy account to place a wager. How are you going to get them coins without winning fights?
And with a cap on wagers it would not be worth it in any way. Why would you go to all that hassle to make the same amount of coins you would in a standard fight?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »