Home

Question for UT players that are actually good at the game

This is a discussion on Question for UT players that are actually good at the game within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2016, 03:53 AM   #1
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Question for UT players that are actually good at the game

Do you just normally smash through competition?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Question for UT players that are actually good at the game

I've found that most people in UT max out stand up fighters, and are OK with neglecting their ground stats. I have a lot of success against this flaw using a wrestler. Every once in a while I'll run into folks with CAFs that are maxed out or are 90's in every category, but I'll take my chances. I would say I have an 80-90% win percentage. I'm mediocre with stand up, but am very skilled on the ground. I usually find the opposite is true with my opponents.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I was just curious. In quick match frequently fight goofy fighters, and they frequently admit they are ultimate team.

A lot of those dudes are horrible, counting on dumb combos. I'm average at best and can beat them with average real fighters.

I figured dudes that play ultimate team that are pretty good at the game, unlike me, would just smash most of the ultimate team competition.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:55 PM   #4
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I was just curious. In quick match frequently fight goofy fighters, and they frequently admit they are ultimate team.

A lot of those dudes are horrible, counting on dumb combos. I'm average at best and can beat them with average real fighters.

I figured dudes that play ultimate team that are pretty good at the game, unlike me, would just smash most of the ultimate team competition.
For me, with matchmaking the way it is, good evenly matched fights are not common. You are either at a huge disadvantage or the other way around. A lot of guys who play UT don't play any other game mode.

I'm decent and can deal with a fighter with say a 5 point OVR advantage. But the guys sporting 5* perks across the board are hard to deal with when every body or leg kick they land puts you in a hit stun.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 06-23-2016, 01:09 PM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I have 3 CAFs in Division 5 and one in Division 6 --- my fighters are all between OVR 78 and 82, and have about 80-85% win rate, so I usually blast thru people even if they have higher stats than me

but if I find someone who has equal/almost equal skill as me...and they have a large stat advantage...I'm usually in trouble

That said, there was a guy who beat me 3x in UT and would usually talk mad **** aftewards....he had OVR 92 vs my 80....well, in the most recent LEC I beat him twice in a row, pretty easily, which made me feel good lol
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 05:14 PM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

What I'm insinuating is most ultimate team players are freaking goofballs, I wished they'd stay out of quick fight.

I really hope you guys good at the game aren't at to much of a disadvantage and smash them.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:21 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

I have around a 500-33 record in UT and that's without spending any money and literally coming into UT around.. a week ago with just LEC pack winnings. It's fun beating the guys with 100 overalls with 70-80 OVR, awesome addition to the game.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #8
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
I have around a 500-33 record in UT and that's without spending any money and literally coming into UT around.. a week ago with just LEC pack winnings. It's fun beating the guys with 100 overalls with 70-80 OVR, awesome addition to the game.
hell yea man UT is really fun; I barely play ranked anymore

And Dave I know what you mean, there are all types of cheeseballs and bums in UT lol but there are people out there putting them in their place
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »