Home

Matchmaking now based on OVR

This is a discussion on Matchmaking now based on OVR within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matchmaking now based on OVR

I had some good experiences so far. My last 4 fights were against opponents that were 80, 80, 79 and 75. I fought with my heavyweight which is 80.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 12:05 AM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedRuffRaw
WOW!!
Since the new Patch I'm not able to find ANY UT Online match at all on PS4!
And its not like it used to be, that it searches for a while and then tells you no opponent found. It says:
Checking for Fighter Updates (~200ms)
Initializing Session (~200ms)
Unable to find opponent
What I've tried:
MW Fighter in DIV 3 82 OVR. Deleting moves To 75 OVR and 69 OVR
WBW Fighter DIV 3 same with all/some and without cards
HW Fighter DIV 4 same as above
LW Fighter created new, with and without cards

Restarting Game-/System/Power Cycle didn't helped either. Online Ranked/Unranked works fine, only happens in UT.
Am located in germany.
I'm really kind of in a rage , as this renders the game useless for me. Online UT is the only game mode I really play. Please FIX ASAP!

New matchmaking system: 0 points
I restarted, power cycled, I even deleted and re-installed the game. I can't play UT at all on any fighter, regardless of OVR.. Search for opponent.. Instantly none found. 2 days I haven't been able to play
Old 08-18-2016, 02:26 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfreak
Favorite game mode is totally broken with patch. Exact same issue.

How is this acceptable?!? I can't believe they haven't just backed out the patch or revert the matchmaking until the figure out the issue. Everyone having this issue needs to blow it up more than just on this forum. I advise hitting him up on twitter. @mrscarymuffin
I would not recommend that!
First: I have no Twitter/Facebook/You name it social net.
Second: Name one ****storm that really made a difference. In the best case the fix is beeing delayed due to the dev reading all the posts on his twitter.
I didn't say that it is acceptable but rendering your possibilities it seems the only thing which one can do. EA has your money already and good luck in getting a refund because of that.

Beeing a dev myself (of course not for EA), I know that bugs happen. Of course they shouldn't happen in *production* systems, but it is what it is. My only interest is in getting a quick Fix !

Due to the nearly instant "no opponent found" I would bet that it is something really *stupid* like having confused "<" with ">" which only triggers under certain circumstances (like regional) which were kinda hard to test. I would volunteer in any nessesary test if that helps.

Last edited by RuggedRuffRaw; 08-18-2016 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:34 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
I restarted, power cycled, I even deleted and re-installed the game. I can't play UT at all on any fighter, regardless of OVR.. Search for opponent.. Instantly none found. 2 days I haven't been able to play
Maybe it helps if you (and all others having the same issue) would tell
1. Which System (PS4)
2. UT Level (60)
3. OVR ratings, Division and weightclass of fighter (see orig pos)
4. Country/Region (Germany/Hamburg)

EDIT:
Via support Chat I found out that it works on the same PS4 with another PSN account... Weird, as it should be no difference. The only difference here is a UT Level of 0 on the working one.

Last edited by RuggedRuffRaw; 08-18-2016 at 04:58 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:39 AM   #29
Pro

It's not region specific, he's Germany, I'm Canada. Only thing that's the same is both on ps4. OVR don't matter or weight class. Same result with every character
Old 08-18-2016, 07:39 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
On Xb1 they tell you to clear your mac address. Do you know how to do that on Ps4?
Old 08-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedRuffRaw
Maybe it helps if you (and all others having the same issue) would tell
1. Which System (PS4)
2. UT Level (60)
3. OVR ratings, Division and weightclass of fighter (see orig pos)
4. Country/Region (Germany/Hamburg)

EDIT:
Via support Chat I found out that it works on the same PS4 with another PSN account... Weird, as it should be no difference. The only difference here is a UT Level of 0 on the working one.
PS4
80-85 in all weightclasses, then tried 65, 70, 80 in middleweight with a new fighter.
4. USA, East Coast.

Creating a new account and starting from UT level 0 doesn't seem like a proper solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 09:38 AM   #32
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Dang man hope they can fix this for you guys

I fought about 5 WBW fights last night with my OVR 79 who is division 5 --- ended up fighting a couple mid 80s and a 90. About same as usual.

Though I've certainly been matched up with 95+ in WBW in the past....so who knows, maybe it prevented me from being matched up with one of those try-hards lol in that case, I'm happy, but feel bad for those who aren't able to find a match now :/
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »