Home

So, where does UT go from here?

This is a discussion on So, where does UT go from here? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2017, 10:18 PM   #1
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

OVR: 0
So, where does UT go from here?

For the past few months, Ultimate Team has remained pretty stagnant in its gameplay and event packs are becoming quite redundant. A constant cycle of play matches, buy pack, get nothing, repeat becomes quite boring after a while (can be said for a few others who are experiencing this too). High ranked players (on the PS4 side) aren't even that interested in getting the #1 spot in each of their weight classes anymore as there's too much division points racked up.

Seeing as UFC 3 is bound to come out in a year or two, where does this leave us with Ultimate Team? Hell, same question could be asked for ranked play as well.

Will you continue playing? If so, what are your motivations and why? Perhaps we will we see something different in packs or maybe a new happy hour? Will that gauge your interest?

Lemme know - just curious to see some opinions here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2017, 04:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: So, where does UT go from here?

it s going nowhere.
and they re pretty bipolar on packs.
u could get lot of On Ice cards for free or almost free (daily win pack or 6k for store pack) which gave u 4* and 5* cards after some recent real UFCs
but then u got crappy 12k, 7,5k etc packs with nothing in it. or overpriced 300k ronda pack... lol
but biggest killer is lag/delay/latency nonexistent netcode nonsense which is killing game for me, sub minigame broken, parries,denies, hit detection not working properly because of that
Old 01-05-2017, 10:45 AM   #3
Rookie

I still play a lot. But, I'm not a top ranked player by any means. I don't play many other games really, so this is my best bet while I'm relaxing at the end of the work day with a few cocktails, etc.

Surprisingly, it's never hard to find matches - either in UT or Ranked. So I guess the game still has some vitality left.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Well since I am not a gamer and got addicted to this game by my youngest son who is a college wrestler and brought it home with his Xbox over summer break I don't think I missed a night of playing in just about 6 months. This is all new and a blast for me but I take it pretty seriously and have invested a ton of time learning the game correctly.

I totally get where "Blaze" is coming from though as the UT mode has become a bit stale and the packs just brutal! I would say 5-6 different signature right crosses have been issued in the span of a month.I created my UT 5 months ago but played every other mode while purchasing packs and didn't start playing UT until a month ago, because I didn't want to be one of those guys who continuously deletes fighters and pads their stats in the lower divisions. I have all 5 of my fighters in Div-4 with my top fighter having an 83-15 record as far as wins and yet I have constantly been fighting guys with over a 1,000 or 2,000 wins? It doesn't bother me getting matched at 4:am against a guy in Div-7 but when I see someone who has over 2,000 wins and the highest division they ever reached was 4, it tells me they are deleting fighters and just living on beating guys in the lower divisions because they can't cut it in the higher ones.

I will just keep chugging along and continue to learn every aspect of the ground game that I can because the game is a blast and hopefully by the time UFC-3 comes out I will be able to hang with anyone.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #5
Rookie

So I play this mode almost every day.
Got a lot 4 star moves I use.
Play for 5 hours. Grind 25.000 coins or so.
Spens it on some packs.
Frustrating. Only getting dupes or 3 star moves.
Its a shame you dont have the option to buy what you really want/need.
Playersbase is increased since christmas, but iam losing my mojo at this game.
Not satisfying anymore when days of grinding only get me dupes or less moves I want / need.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat113
Well since I am not a gamer and got addicted to this game by my youngest son who is a college wrestler and brought it home with his Xbox over summer break I don't think I missed a night of playing in just about 6 months. This is all new and a blast for me but I take it pretty seriously and have invested a ton of time learning the game correctly.

I totally get where "Blaze" is coming from though as the UT mode has become a bit stale and the packs just brutal! I would say 5-6 different signature right crosses have been issued in the span of a month.I created my UT 5 months ago but played every other mode while purchasing packs and didn't start playing UT until a month ago, because I didn't want to be one of those guys who continuously deletes fighters and pads their stats in the lower divisions. I have all 5 of my fighters in Div-4 with my top fighter having an 83-15 record as far as wins and yet I have constantly been fighting guys with over a 1,000 or 2,000 wins? It doesn't bother me getting matched at 4:am against a guy in Div-7 but when I see someone who has over 2,000 wins and the highest division they ever reached was 4, it tells me they are deleting fighters and just living on beating guys in the lower divisions because they can't cut it in the higher ones.

I will just keep chugging along and continue to learn every aspect of the ground game that I can because the game is a blast and hopefully by the time UFC-3 comes out I will be able to hang with anyone.
I'm pretty sure when you delete a fighter, your record goes with it.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:03 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
I'm pretty sure when you delete a fighter, your record goes with it.
True, which is exactly why I farm, winning or losing doesn't matter in UT when you can simply delete a bad record
Old 01-06-2017, 05:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Iam playing this game/mode from day 1.
So lets say almost a year.

Still want/need

MOVES
5 star lead uppercut
5 star lead uppercut body
5 star rear uppercut body
5 star lead hook body
5 star rear hook head
5 star lead overhand hook head
5 star rear overhand hook head
5 star lead roundhouse kick head
5 star lead roundhouse kick body
5 star sliding side kick body
5 star body jab
5 star body punch
5 star jumping roundhouse kick
5 star rear teep kick
5 star core clinch moves
5 star thai clinch
5 star double under clinch
5 star single collar whip
5 star 10x Takedown or so
5 star core ground moves
5 star bjj sweeps
5 star wrestling sweeps
5 star bjj reversals
5 star wrestling reversals
5 star bjj transitions
5 star wrestling transitions
5 star bjj get ups
5 star wrestling get ups
5 star 10x Submissions

PERKS
5 star marathoner
5 star fluidity
5 star higher altitude
5 star the butcher
5 star head hunter
5 star tae kwon do
5 star tree chopper
5 star game changer
5 star heavy hands
5 star work horse

Again already playing for a year.
WE NEVER GET THESE MOVES.
ONLY GETTING 4 star or less moves and perks.
Duplicates etc
Its getting boring / annoying at this point.
no satisfaction

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »