Home

Which gold fighter should I unlock?

This is a discussion on Which gold fighter should I unlock? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Which gold fighter should I unlock?

I'm leaning towards GSP or Joanna.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 03:58 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Which gold fighter should I unlock?

Accidentally held x on Joanna and wanted mcgregors
Doesn’t matter as they come pretty bare bones for you to change anyway. Just 75 ish stats instead of mid 60s as a starter
Old 01-30-2018, 04:47 PM   #3
Rookie

sheehy83's Arena

I picked McGregor but I have no intention of using Pro's, cafs are much more interesting. Got 2 Conor signature strikes, one of which is his straight left, absolute weapon. Would like to know the signature moves from the other fighters just out of curiosity.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:39 PM   #4
Rookie

How do you unlock them? I preordered champions edition but I can't find where to access them.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:49 PM   #5
Rookie

As soon as I get a gold level CAF I'll be exclusively using that. I have zero interest in using "skin-jobs". I've actually soured on the UT during BETA because I was only ever fighting fake UFC fighters -- whose moves rarely reflected their real life counterpart. I played UT in UFC 2, even offline, because I loved the variety of created fighters.

Gold fighters just mean better baseline stats for the fighter type. You'll probably want to use your gold fighter when looking to knock off any of the daily challenges (especially those that aren't weight class specific). But other than that, it's just a skin. Personally, I wish I could turn off fighting anyone who isn't using a CAF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2018, 09:45 AM   #6
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlywoj
As soon as I get a gold level CAF I'll be exclusively using that. I have zero interest in using "skin-jobs". I've actually soured on the UT during BETA because I was only ever fighting fake UFC fighters -- whose moves rarely reflected their real life counterpart. I played UT in UFC 2, even offline, because I loved the variety of created fighters.

Gold fighters just mean better baseline stats for the fighter type. You'll probably want to use your gold fighter when looking to knock off any of the daily challenges (especially those that aren't weight class specific). But other than that, it's just a skin. Personally, I wish I could turn off fighting anyone who isn't using a CAF.
I went ahead and destroyed some cards to get a gold CAF last night because I'm not buying the game so I don't care I just wanted to try it out. So I made my CAF and the baseline attributes weren't bad at all which was shocking but then you go into a fight and the model versus a UFC fighter just looks really really stupid. Having real fighters in Ultimate Team WITH CAFs is just silly and it looks ridiculous.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #7
Rookie

I picked gsp and the "skin" comment is spot on. It's just a grappler. It's not gsp. You get one leg slot. Yes....seriously.... One leg move slot with gsp. UT just isn't all that interesting to me this year.

On a side note, anyone else finding that when playing solo UT you fight the same two people every fight? When I pick my gsp I only fight gsp or Anderson Silva. It's been over 30 fights now. This needs fixing.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina1229
On a side note, anyone else finding that when playing solo UT you fight the same two people every fight? When I pick my gsp I only fight gsp or Anderson Silva. It's been over 30 fights now. This needs fixing.
Yeah, it was quite irritating. I thought it'd be because I was playing on day1 of the trial, but if it's still going on there must be some issue. It can't be everyone has the exact same fighter. Maybe they must broaden the matchmaking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »