Home

Is it just me or is it almost impossible to defend takedowns agaisnt some people?

This is a discussion on Is it just me or is it almost impossible to defend takedowns agaisnt some people? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2018, 08:20 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is it just me or is it almost impossible to defend takedowns agaisnt some people?

well as has been said in other posts takedown defence seems a little op at the moment and anything unbalanced in the main game becomes even more inbalanced in ut. UFC 2 UT started of as an amateur stat wise and u developed into a rounded fighter whereas this one u start of amateur and then become a better amateur by the end, The only ones that may not be like this are the 4 and 5 star fighters but will be awhile before anyone gets them to test them out
Old 02-08-2018, 09:43 AM   #10
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is it just me or is it almost impossible to defend takedowns agaisnt some people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivo
well as has been said in other posts takedown defence seems a little op at the moment and anything unbalanced in the main game becomes even more inbalanced in ut. UFC 2 UT started of as an amateur stat wise and u developed into a rounded fighter whereas this one u start of amateur and then become a better amateur by the end, The only ones that may not be like this are the 4 and 5 star fighters but will be awhile before anyone gets them to test them out
More like you start off as an amateur and then end up a broken incomplete fighter by the end
Old 02-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
More like you start off as an amateur and then end up a broken incomplete fighter by the end
this can happen too problem is now u need the moves u want but u also need them with the stats u need so rather than just waiting for the right move u gotta go thru multiple drops of the same move to maximise your stats, guessing this is the replayability they want in the current UT plus adding chemistry
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivo
this can happen too problem is now u need the moves u want but u also need them with the stats u need so rather than just waiting for the right move u gotta go thru multiple drops of the same move to maximise your stats, guessing this is the replayability they want in the current UT plus adding chemistry
It's a mess. gg by the way. UT is jacked. I feel like i'm using a cheat code with my grappler.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:23 PM   #13
Rookie

ye gg for it all it lasted i get way too aggressive with my striking before i know my opponents plan
Old 02-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
its just picking your poison and trying to combat it. if you are a good striker it might be better to make a grappler with good tdd stats or bot stats to outstrike them. If you get a striker then try clinch and td.
OR, I could just use a more complete version of the same roster fighter in ranked and have better stats, moves, and perks without having to spend hours to grind for cards that are already far behind the roster fighter i use in rank with no chance to get even close to their level of competitive competency.

Why even play the mode if I'm suing useless version of roster fighters with huge holes in their skillset that can cause me a match when I can just use the real version and have a better experience?

Why would I spend MORE time to play with a LESSER version of a fighter?

Why play UT when ranked has more enjoyable versions of the same fighters you use in UT?

Last edited by killakrok; 02-09-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:47 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
OR, I could just use a more complete version of the same roster fighter in ranked and have better stats, moves, and perks without having to spend hours to grind for cards that are already far behind the roster fighter i use in rank with no chance to get even close to their level of competitive competency.

Why even play the mode if I'm suing useless version of roster fighters with huge holes in their skillset that can cause me a match when I can just use the real version and have a better experience?

Why would I spend MORE time to play with a LESSER version of a fighter?

Why play UT when ranked has more enjoyable versions of the same fighters you use in UT?

don't play it then?

UT is there to give you something MORE to play for that just wins and losses no one is tying you to a chair and forcing it down your throat.

I like the feeling of fighting different styles, anyone can grapple online, anyone can get reversals off of the bottom, most fighters have most moves, UT allows for more gameplanning in my book but again if you don't like it stop.
Youtube
Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaC
don't play it then?

UT is there to give you something MORE to play for that just wins and losses no one is tying you to a chair and forcing it down your throat.

I like the feeling of fighting different styles, anyone can grapple online, anyone can get reversals off of the bottom, most fighters have most moves, UT allows for more gameplanning in my book but again if you don't like it stop.
I don't. I stopped playing the game altogether a few days after I got it. Maybe I come back, maybe not, but UT was what kept me playing the game last year after I burned on ranked, it certainly isn't going to keep me playing this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »