Home

Flyweights vs Feather and lightweights?!

This is a discussion on Flyweights vs Feather and lightweights?! within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #1
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

OVR: 0
Flyweights vs Feather and lightweights?!

This is messed up. Even a beast like DJ won’t stand a chance fighting lightweights in UT. I only play offline but still. Seems like it would be an even bigger issue online trying to fight lightweights with a DJ that you worked hard to get.

They really need to create a bantamweight class and throw the two weight classes there, so flyweights aren’t fighting lightweights!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Flyweights vs Feather and lightweights?!

Dude, my second best rated UT lightweight is Alan Effin Jouban. A welterweight. I regularly fight flyweights with him and it’s terrible. Absolutely terrible.

I only play single player and I only touch UT sporadically for reasons like this. I’d hate for my best lightweight to actually be a flyweight and have to fight against welterweights.

This mode is a slap in the face for SP people compared to UFC 2. Ufc 2 UT wasn’t exactly built for single player either but this UFC 3 actively forsakes us.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:08 AM   #3
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloppyLolliPop
Dude, my second best rated UT lightweight is Alan Effin Jouban. A welterweight. I regularly fight flyweights with him and it’s terrible. Absolutely terrible.

I only play single player and I only touch UT sporadically for reasons like this. I’d hate for my best lightweight to actually be a flyweight and have to fight against welterweights.

This mode is a slap in the face for SP people compared to UFC 2. Ufc 2 UT wasn’t exactly built for single player either but this UFC 3 actively forsakes us.
No s***, show some love for the flyweights. Maybe this is all an elaborate part of Dana White's plan to shut down the flyweight division. With all that stuff a while back about White threatening to shut down the division if DJ didn't fight TJ Dillashaw.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:41 AM   #4
Banned

I play online and my 25 year Formiga destroys lightweights. Reach is almost negligible this year. Not sure what the complaint is.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:26 PM   #5
Rookie

shorter fighters are better in the pocket than taller fighters. So u have an advantage when fighting at close range whereas the taller fighters are better outside your range. Gotta fight to their strengths. Not ideal but i don't mind it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 01:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch is my homeboy
I play online and my 25 year Formiga destroys lightweights. Reach is almost negligible this year. Not sure what the complaint is.
It isn’t necessarily a complaint about reach and such. That plays into it a bit but the game is stat based as far as I can tell. I just accept that every fighter I face has higher stats than me even if they don’t. It’s more about having a mode that allows a 6’ welterweight fighting a 5’3 flyweight. It’s just off putting. One more weight class in UT would have solved this little problem for me. Or you know, just letting us build up CAFS like last year so we don’t fight through weird, unrealistic size disparities and have to wade through 5 Mcgregors in a row.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:07 PM   #7
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloppyLolliPop
It isn’t necessarily a complaint about reach and such. That plays into it a bit but the game is stat based as far as I can tell. I just accept that every fighter I face has higher stats than me even if they don’t. It’s more about having a mode that allows a 6’ welterweight fighting a 5’3 flyweight. It’s just off putting. One more weight class in UT would have solved this little problem for me. Or you know, just letting us build up CAFS like last year so we don’t fight through weird, unrealistic size disparities and have to wade through 5 Mcgregors in a row.
It's definitely offputting just as much as Mirror matches are ridiculous. I'd rather sit waiting for another 1-3 minutes for another matchup than to face a mirror match.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:46 PM   #8
Pro

Adding roster fighters was a stupid thing to do anyway, point of UT was to create your own team. If I wanted to play vs McGregors and **** Id go do ranked

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »