Home

Fairly Positive Preview of EA UFC from Fox Sports

This is a discussion on Fairly Positive Preview of EA UFC from Fox Sports within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #1

OVR: 34
Fairly Positive Preview of EA UFC from Fox Sports

While the author (Marc Raimondi) mentions the game lacks depth, he does touch on some important positives:

"Overall, there aren't as many features, modes or fighters as previous versions, but this is a very good start by EA Sports for its first foray into the UFC world."

"The button commands are essentially the same as prior games, so I was able to jump right in and put on a serviceable performance right away. But you'll notice quickly that the movements are far more fluid and lifelike. The physics utilized are really quite incredible."

"Fighters can gas. Damage can be done -- and seen -- on specific areas of the body. The AI actually executes a logical strategy thanks to EA’s Ignite sports engine. The way the athletes move on the screen is the closest to how they truly move that I have seen."

"In terms of just pure gameplay, it could end up being the best combat sports game ever. And the fighters are true to reality. Playing as Chad Mendes, I couldn’t quite catch up to UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo. Aldo was always a step faster, with his footwork, hands and kicks. When I did have success it was because I was able to get Mendes to take Aldo down -- which essentially will be Mendes' game plan when the two meet in the main event of UFC 176 on Aug. 2 in Los Angeles."

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/e...eo-game-052014
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Fairly Positive Preview of EA UFC from Fox Sports

The lack of modes will probably be the biggest drawback for me. I really don't enjoy career modes with a created player. In UFC 3 I played the PPV mode and the "relive the fights" mode (can't remember exactly what it was called). Looks like this game is lacking those.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Fairly Positive Preview of EA UFC from Fox Sports

yes,The way the athletes move on the screen is the closest to how they truly move that I have seen.thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »