Home

OS Roundtable: EA Sports UFC Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: EA Sports UFC Demo Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: EA Sports UFC Demo Impressions

The EA Sports UFC demo dropped yesterday, featuring UFC light heavyweight champ Jon “Bones” Jones vs. Alex “The Mauler” Gustafsson in a three round fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Nevada. The difficulty is set to normal with a walkthrough tutorial included.

After playing through the demo, here are some of our impressions of how the game is shaping up...

Read More - OS Roundtable: EA Sports UFC Demo Impressions
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
A little on the stiff side at times but a lot of fun. Missed not having the entrances but its just another thing to look forward to in the retail version. However I felt the XB1 controller seemd to be a little big to pull of some moves since you needed to hit like 3 or so buttons..... or maybe that's just me. I am gonna try the demo on my PS4 and see if that is any better controller wise.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofocker
A little on the stiff side at times but a lot of fun. Missed not having the entrances but its just another thing to look forward to in the retail version. However I felt the XB1 controller seemd to be a little big to pull of some moves since you needed to hit like 3 or so buttons..... or maybe that's just me. I am gonna try the demo on my PS4 and see if that is any better controller wise.
I felt the PS4 controls were a bit better than the XB1 controls..
Old 06-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
I agree with what everybody is saying in term of the controls,ground game and the floaty feeling. But once you get over those wow what a great first attempt. Playing the computer was a little dull but once my friend came over, we had wars. From fast k.o to 3round wars with blood everywhere. Some of the hits and combinations are just so smooth. Def a first day buy for me.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #5
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Good read and impression review guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGboyswifT27
I felt the PS4 controls were a bit better than the XB1 controls..
Thanks. I have always like the PS4 controller cuz it was just a little smaller and less bulky.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #7
MVP

I agree with these impressions for the most part. The game looks beautiful & does a lot of things right (although I wish it were 60fps instead of 30fps). The CPU AI has me concerned however. It doesn't seem to use much strategy & can be too aggressive at times. I hope this is just due to the demo being on easy difficulty. Another HUGE blunder is that the referee does jump in to stop the fight or pull you away from a fighter when needed. It looks extremely awkward when you knock a guy out & your fighter just stands there without the ref jumping in. This is a major part of what makes UFC unique & I'm very disappointed that EA dropped the ball on this. Maybe they can patch it in later? Other than that I look forward to the retail version.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I agree with these impressions for the most part. The game looks beautiful & does a lot of things right (although I wish it were 60fps instead of 30fps). The CPU AI has me concerned however. It doesn't seem to use much strategy & can be too aggressive at times. I hope this is just due to the demo being on easy difficulty. Another HUGE blunder is that the referee does jump in to stop the fight or pull you away from a fighter when needed. It looks extremely awkward when you knock a guy out & your fighter just stands there without the ref jumping in. This is a major part of what makes UFC unique & I'm very disappointed that EA dropped the ball on this. Maybe they can patch it in later? Other than that I look forward to the retail version.
Referee doesn't jump in. Correction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »