Home

EA Sports UFC: Early Reviews Good to Mixed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC: Early Reviews Good to Mixed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #25
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I finally had the demo sink its hooks into me last night. I figured out how to block transitions, rather than always trying to advance them, and more importantly I started blocking and moving my feet. Suddenly, the CPU was punching itself out and I was timing my strikes and landing them, which is especially lethal when your opponent is gassed. I'm not saying the game is perfect by any means, but once you get a grasp on the controls, it really is pretty engaging, for me at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports UFC: Early Reviews Good to Mixed

Where are the IGN, GT, Gamespot reviews? seems odd they are so late.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #27
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by centauris
Where are the IGN, GT, Gamespot reviews? seems odd they are so late.
Cause they haven't wasted there $ on PS4 or Xbox One either.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #28
EA Game Changer

SmittyD81's Arena

OVR: 5
This game in my opinion is an enhanced version of what UFC Undisputed 2009 was in regards of an initial debut regarding gameplay, individuality and depth. Does it have it all out the gate, clearly not. This game does have fundamental aspects within it's base for this being the first title.

They have a lot of room to build upon, correct problems and expand from. I seen the comments regarding the leg "health events" and how fighters can kick off the cage and do powerful takedowns, etc. Remember, you could have a leg "health event" in Undisputed 3 and recover to do powerful slams, kicks, superman punches, etc. off the same bum leg as well. Also recall that it wasn't until that third game where you could win by leg kick tko.

Is this game a letdown to an extent, yeah I can definitely see it was for some. To me it's a legit foundation to expand from going forward. The realism and authenticity depth can be expanded upon accordingly as they develop the next game. Yeah, it may suck that there won't be a game next year, but it's good imo so that way, they don't have to rush anything and possibly have to leave things on the cutting room floor due to time constraints development-wise.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #29
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14
My issues are simple. I would have seen online camps especially with the fifa promotion/relegation stuff. Individual is fun but one for camps would have been great. Also playing in Champions is a cheesefest of take downs for points. The leader had a 344 takedown per 15 minute rating and it didnt get much better. Its not who can fight better but who has better takedown defense. Rivalries is all ill play because there is actually technique in playing with friends. My last complaint is with high knees superman punches and basically anything Showtime. Next years game should have a meter that fills up during a fight to use one strategically. Leg kicks have no real effect either. I can have a guy with a flashing red leg and he can still superman punch off the cage for power.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolaman
Cause they haven't wasted there $ on PS4 or Xbox One either.
what are you talking about....?
Old 06-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #31
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by centauris
what are you talking about....?
Don't waste your time trying to figure it out, this guy can't even solve the "there/they're/their" riddle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #32
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I think some of the reviewers have got it the wrong way round in some cases.

One said 'the hardcore fans will love it but the casual fans won't because it's complicated'. That's not the case.

It's funny because EA doesn't dumb down FIFA for instance, even though you still have to know how football works to be effective on any difficulty above the first two.

To me they should make the MLB The Show-type game which on the hardest difficulty levels is brutally hard and realistic, but then maybe implement options, sliders and even alternate controls for newbies to have fun with.

If a game is good people will try to learn it. I'll be honest, if it wasn't for UFC 2009 I wouldn't have been a UFC fan for 5 years.

In many ways this game is a great start, but just something for the future for EA: don't alienate the hardcore fan base because you have guaranteed buyers there.

If the game has realistic damage and stamina which mean button bashers get their heads kicked in then so be it. A game's quality will win through in the end.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »