Home

#Patchspoilers for the next patch.

This is a discussion on #Patchspoilers for the next patch. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: #Patchspoilers for the next patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
There are no offline modes being added unfortunately from what I understand. No plans either. That is why he stressed yet. We asked them a while back if they planned on adding any new offline modes, and their answer was there were no plans.

The link should take you to this comment:

Thanks for the info my friend ... Looks like we will need to wait for the next iteration of UFC for an 'event mode/UFC universe' ... This game, with all the changes planned for this next patch, should bring it to another level.

Off topic ... Can we get this EA Dev Team to work on the next installment for Fight Night! Sorry, I digress.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
There are no offline modes being added unfortunately from what I understand. No plans either. That is why he stressed yet. We asked them a while back if they planned on adding any new offline modes, and their answer was there were no plans.

The link should take you to this comment:

Do you take the "yet" as him saying it will come soon or that it won't come until the next version. I take it as it may come sometime soon. If it was for the next version, jazz would've just ignored the post or confirmed that they aren't adding any new modes, right?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I think that about covers this tweet. Stay tuned, the best is yet to come.
Really? the best yet to come? That sounds exciting... Hopefully after all this is squared away, you guys can work on offline modes... Keep it up guys... Outstanding job.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Do you take the "yet" as him saying it will come soon or that it won't come until the next version. I take it as it may come sometime soon. If it was for the next version, jazz would've just ignored the post or confirmed that they aren't adding any new modes, right?
I take it as, something is coming soon, just not yet... I don't see why he would say anything like this if there wasn't something coming. I would think he would just say, "Sorry, no offline modes will be added" instead of keeping us guessing.

Maybe it's just me...

Old 09-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #37
Rookie

mosdef328's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma
Really? the best yet to come? That sounds exciting... Hopefully after all this is squared away, you guys can work on offline modes... Keep it up guys... Outstanding job.

What would we all want with an "event" mode this year? I think a lot of us would simply be happy with a mode where we can create a card and then it go through and either sim or play each fight. At the end it would have a screen similar (or the same) to the event screen in career mode.

Don't get me wrong, presentation and special commentary would be nice. However I think that would be a goal for the next iteration as well as a "universe" type mode. It would also be nice if performer of the night awards were indicated on the screen, but that's not even completely necessary.

What do you guys think?
Old 09-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #38
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
My guess is they are still trying to talk them in to letting them do it, or possibly doing it next game.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #39
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

I think you guys are going to love the latest patch spoiler. I know I do!
Old 09-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #40
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
I think you guys are going to love the latest patch spoiler. I know I do!
You're not going to tell them? OK I will!

https://twitter.com/tallUNLIMITED/st...11570499006464

When your opponent is wobbled, you can now rush him down with a flurry of punches. Inspiration for the moment was taken from this fight:

The high speed pursuit locomotion and striking is all contextual, and only available if:

-you have enough stamina

-your opponent is wobbled

-you are pressing the left stick towards your opponent

You will continue to pursue as long as you keep striking fluidly. You will pursue faster if you alternate left/right punches. The force of your punches will drive him backwards until you reach the cage or he gets knocked down.

Defensively nothing has changed, except the stakes are higher. You can parry these strikes but they must be timed well. A well timed parry has a good chance of taking you out of the health event.

This is meant to eliminate the frustration players were feeling in trying to chase down their opponent when they were wobbled. This is not an all purpose run mode.

More of a fun new way to capitalize on the wobbled health event, not something I expect to see happen all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »