Home

Running your own UFC

This is a discussion on Running your own UFC within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2015, 01:06 AM   #65
Rookie

Ran180's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Running your own UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey3148
Ok I wanna do something like this it's genius. The only thing I wanna do it online. The computer isn't to good in this game in my opinion so I want to run a league type online fighting. You can pick any fighter not chosen and once I get enough I'll make a website and hope to keep every fight recorded on there and everyone's record. If you are interested message me on here or on PS4. Username is Mikey31_4.
Hey Im down to do this... we really only need 2 people and we can build from there start with UFC 1, start gaining champions in each division and defend as we go. Who ever wins the belt has to defend with that guy until they lose it other than that we build a top 10 ranking on each division and keep it going..Message me if your down to do this online and post results on here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 04:11 PM   #66
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Edit: Also in mine Timothy Elliot refuses to lose and is 6-0 now. UFC 25 is going to be a super card with GSP coming out of retirement for a title shot and another title to be defended on the card as well. I started throwing "Fight Pass" cards in the mix that are just short three fight cards where I focus on getting fights in divisions I've accidentally neglected for a while.
That's awesome about Elliot... seeing crazy runs like that happen is one of the fun things about doing a league. Since I've started back I've played nine events so far, six PPV/Fox cards and three Fight Night cards, the PPV/Fox cards have six fights and the FN cards have four.

The crazy things that happened in mine so far is that Champions are 0 and 6 so far. Lawler loss to MacDonald, TJ to Barao, Mighty Mouse to Dodson, DC to Gus, Dos Anjos to Cowboy and MacDonald to Condit. Of those I only won with Gus and Condit. I'm having a tough time finding the sweet spot difficultly wise. Hard seems a little to hard and Normal is too easy, especially on the ground. Hopefully UFC 2 has sliders to help with stuff like this, but for now I started using Random.Org to randomize my difficulty for each fight. Odd numbers are Normal and Even are Hard. I use Hard on all title fight though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran180
Hey Im down to do this... we really only need 2 people and we can build from there start with UFC 1, start gaining champions in each division and defend as we go. Who ever wins the belt has to defend with that guy until they lose it other than that we build a top 10 ranking on each division and keep it going..Message me if your down to do this online and post results on here
Me and a buddy of mine created a league in UFC 3. What we did was basically had a draft where we chose two fighters each per division. Those were the fighters that we 'owned' and the other person could never use them unless it came down to a title fight.

We would create some cards and if we won with a fighter then you could continue to use them until you lost with them. At the end of each calendar year you had the opportunity to trade a fighter that you owned with a fighter that you currently had a win streak with. We also had other rules like if someone got KO'ed or couldn't answer the bell, then they were suspended for six months. We would mix in a Pride Event every now and then too. That was some of the most fun I had playing in an online league...

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-31-2015, 11:41 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 1

Just finished my 38th event and I had one of the craziest endings I've experienced in a UFC game. It was Aldo (2-1, just lost the belt) versus Poirier (2-0 with wins over Siver and Frankie Edgar) as the co-main for a Fight Night card. I was Poirier and lost the first two rounds pretty decisively. The third round was going pretty much the same way and then at 3:24 I landed The Kick That Changed Everything and it was a race against the clock to knock Aldo out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEw8fZGYlMk

In other league news Uriah Hall is now the 4-0 MW champion against most odds (I only made him an 86 OVR) after beating Luke Rockhold and will be defending his belt against Silva in a little while. GSP took the belt from Ellenberger with a decisive third round KO and will defend against the winner of an Ellenberger/Matt Brown fight coming up. Anthony Pettis is my last 'out of the box' champion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »