Home

Do you guys think this game is worth picking up?

This is a discussion on Do you guys think this game is worth picking up? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do you guys think this game is worth picking up?

also is this the one they put the women UFC fighters? is there anywhere that i can find a list of all fighters? can you download them?
Old 05-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #10
Rookie

Absolute steal for $24. I'm not a "UFC pro" that understands all the technical details of the sport but I do know with all the title updates that this game just got better and better. My son and I have a blast playing this.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:36 AM   #11
Banned

This is one of the games that has made EA Access such a great deal. I would never have bought it outright, but I have it to play now. It is a ton better than I thought it would be.

Although, I may need to just sit down and spend a month just getting the controls down, as this is no button masher. But in a lot of ways, going through the tutorials kind of helps me understand the sport little better.

Basically, this is a great game, but it is not casual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #12
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

i traded in my 2k15 basketball game to get this game, and it is a very nice game, if you play it sim, you will have a blast. i'm playing UBR Mod on 2k14 Basketball, no game as far as basketball is concerned can even come close, so it was a easy choice to trade in to get this game.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:39 AM   #13
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
This is one of the games that has made EA Access such a great deal. I would never have bought it outright, but I have it to play now. It is a ton better than I thought it would be.

Although, I may need to just sit down and spend a month just getting the controls down, as this is no button masher. But in a lot of ways, going through the tutorials kind of helps me understand the sport little better.

Basically, this is a great game, but it is not casual.
People make the controls out harder than they are. Basically all you need to know is to use L1/LB and a transition (3 to 12 o'clock, or 9 to 12 o'clock) if you are in mount submissive. Otherwise modified transitions aren't needed. You only need modifiers on top to get to positions like crucifix, stacked guard, etc.

Striking you only need to worry about modifiers for special and strong strikes. As well as swaying and countering using the L2/LT.

The problem is people come into a game new and look at all the controls and get blown away by all the situations. When what they need to do is go in and use each modifier and use just that modifier with all strikes to see what it can do. Start off with not using the left stick and using a modifier and seeing what it does. Then away. Then towards.

The real hard part is learning the tells on the ground and remembering to block a strike before transitioning in they are postured up.

The controls aren't hard to learn. Using them effectively is.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #14
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I've gotten my money's worth out of this game many times over. If you don't like playing online much I can see how that might not be the case, but it's been great for me. Going to be playing this until the next one drops.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #15
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Going to be playing this until the next one drops.
Same here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2015, 11:16 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime

The controls aren't hard to learn. Using them effectively is.
That was the point I was trying to make. I can learn the controls. But using them in a way that makes sense and to maximize my effectiveness, that's another story.

But that makes it a great game, in my opinion. There is a point to everything there, an it rewards you for playing well.

I wouldn't want the game simplified. I think it is a great example of what makes MMA fighting so interesting. Like I said, this is no button masher. But then, if I want to mash buttons, there is always Soul Caliber.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »