Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
i have a few questions,

1.) is the ground game better than undisputed 3? can you lay and pray without it feeling cheesy? is that get up button from every position still in the game?

2.) are there legkick tkos in the game?

3) how does the new sway and parry system feel? is it a parry fest or did they fix that?

4) do the moves have more impact/sound when being hit??

5) is the ref more involved in the fight?

it would be greatly appreciated if u could answers questions
Old 11-15-2015, 06:15 PM   #74
Rookie

santa7999's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
A couple of things:

- They didnt have an extra year to create the game technically. The dev team was working on the UFC 1 through all of 2014 and really didnt get started on UFC 2 until early 2015. The two year cycle gives them more time to add features and patch the previous game. It doesnt give them a ton more time to work on the current one.

- I'm with you. I think that Universe mode would be great and is needed. With that said, Event mode will keep me playing the game until UFC 3. There are almost triple the modes in this years game so people will have plenty of things to keep them going in this game.
Fair enough...I didn't realize they didn't have a 2 year cycle...thats sort of a disappointing waste of time in a way.
I am kind of excited about event mode...I guess I will wait and see how this game actually pans out before spending $60....Im still on the fence and the lack of a season/GM mode when a lot of people have been asking for it for years is kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Im not a fan of excuses, they want us to buy their game, they ask us what we want, we tell them. Find a way to make it happen, start building it, at least tell us we have plans to incorporate it within the next 2 games, I can accept honesty. Eh, I'll stop "whining" about it now. Hopefully it still plays out to be a great game and I can find a reason to spend the $60 on it. So far Im just not sold.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:41 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed

I don't think anyone that has been playing UFC 1 (which improved big time over the release) considers the way they did the cycle to have been a waste, and at least some of those improvements must have carried over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2015, 08:22 PM   #76
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempman1000
i have a few questions,

1.) is the ground game better than undisputed 3? can you lay and pray without it feeling cheesy? is that get up button from every position still in the game?

2.) are there legkick tkos in the game?

3) how does the new sway and parry system feel? is it a parry fest or did they fix that?

4) do the moves have more impact/sound when being hit??

5) is the ref more involved in the fight?

it would be greatly appreciated if u could answers questions
1) So this is a bit of a long answer. I liked the UFC 3 ground game alot. I liked that offline if you wanted to take a guy like Fitch and just lay and pray, you could. I get the vibe that online players hated that but I loved it.

Now when it comes to UFC 2, its a little early for me to comment. One, GameplayDev is still tweaking and making changes to the ground game. Two, I was still mastering the controls when I played it (We really only played the game for maybe 4-5 hours (excluding the 1 1/2 we played KO mode). Three, I wasnt trying to lay and pray on anyone. I was focusing on advancing position and attempting KOs.

2) I believe they are in but they are rare.

3) The sway system is similar to Fight Night Champion and I loved it in FNC so I love it in UFC 2. They are still tweaking somethings though based on our feedback.

4) Yes. Strikes are significantly stronger and the dev team is still making tweaks to that system.

5.) Not from what I remember.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #77
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa7999
Fair enough...I didn't realize they didn't have a 2 year cycle...thats sort of a disappointing waste of time in a way.
I am kind of excited about event mode...I guess I will wait and see how this game actually pans out before spending $60....Im still on the fence and the lack of a season/GM mode when a lot of people have been asking for it for years is kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Im not a fan of excuses, they want us to buy their game, they ask us what we want, we tell them. Find a way to make it happen, start building it, at least tell us we have plans to incorporate it within the next 2 games, I can accept honesty. Eh, I'll stop "whining" about it now. Hopefully it still plays out to be a great game and I can find a reason to spend the $60 on it. So far Im just not sold.
Not a waste at all. Those improvements are in UFC 2 and made UFC 1 immensely more playable.

Its not an excuse. Its just reality. Universe Mode wasnt even one of the most demanded features. Ultimate Team and Event Mode were. I've honestly never seen Universe Mode mentioned anywhere else than here (maybe Reddit) and even here its been sporadic.

I completely understand that what they announced may not be enough to egt you to buy the game and I completely respect that. I'm just saying its not as easy as just deciding to "make it happen".

Only one combat sports game has ever had a Universe mode. ****, they are 6 years in and its still a buggy *** mode.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #78
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Speaking of refs, are there more than the two in the game? And are they able to be selected like previous UFC games?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #79
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Speaking of refs, are there more than the two in the game? And are they able to be selected like previous UFC games?
In the version, I played they added one. I cant say who and I dont know if they plan to add more.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:22 AM   #80
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
1) So this is a bit of a long answer. I liked the UFC 3 ground game alot. I liked that offline if you wanted to take a guy like Fitch and just lay and pray, you could. I get the vibe that online players hated that but I loved it.

Now when it comes to UFC 2, its a little early for me to comment. One, GameplayDev is still tweaking and making changes to the ground game. Two, I was still mastering the controls when I played it (We really only played the game for maybe 4-5 hours (excluding the 1 1/2 we played KO mode). Three, I wasnt trying to lay and pray on anyone. I was focusing on advancing position and attempting KOs.

2) I believe they are in but they are rare.

3) The sway system is similar to Fight Night Champion and I loved it in FNC so I love it in UFC 2. They are still tweaking somethings though based on our feedback.

4) Yes. Strikes are significantly stronger and the dev team is still making tweaks to that system.

5.) Not from what I remember.
If this is the case, you're all in trouble...

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »