Home

UFC Universe Mode

This is a discussion on UFC Universe Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC Universe Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigO12677
At the very least I was hoping for an option of single event or multiple event mode. Having the multiple event mode, save W/L/D records, champions, and have rankings. A bonus would have been some stats saved and bonuses for each event. Something really basic, isn't most of that already in career mode???
Its not as simple as this is in mode x so lets put it in another mode. Its never that simple.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its not as simple as this is in mode x so lets put it in another mode. Its never that simple.
It should have been a priority. Universe mode and gameplay should have been 100% of the focus
Old 11-26-2015, 10:01 PM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
It should have been a priority. Universe mode and gameplay should have been 100% of the focus
The numbers dont show that. Universe mode wasnt even a widely demanded feature at OS. Event mode was. Sliders were. Not Universe mode. Why would you expect a game company to make a less demanded mode a priority?
Old 11-26-2015, 10:59 PM   #20
Banned

this is not about expectation. i expect nothing. however, the game would have been better for all if the mode was added. if they were visionaries they would have said"man...lets make this mode ut will bring people to the table". a season mode or universe mode would have goteb people interested who werent before.i dont remember peeps begging for a story mode in FN ir NBA 2k. but we have begged for realism. what is more real an authentic to the sport than universe/season mode. stop being an apologist. they got this wrong. its ok. they have gotten alot right too.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:30 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
this is not about expectation. i expect nothing. however, the game would have been better for all if the mode was added. if they were visionaries they would have said"man...lets make this mode ut will bring people to the table". a season mode or universe mode would have goteb people interested who werent before.i dont remember peeps begging for a story mode in FN ir NBA 2k. but we have begged for realism. what is more real an authentic to the sport than universe/season mode. stop being an apologist. they got this wrong. its ok. they have gotten alot right too.
I'm not being an apologist so chill out with the personal attacks. I've said several times in this thread and in this forum that I think Universe mode is a great idea. I also said that I pitched it directly to the devs.

I'm also a realist. No AAA combat sports game has ever had a "season mode" or "universe mode" except for WWE and they did that in the 11th edition of that series. It took them 11 versions of the games to become "visionaries" and they still havent gotten it right because WWE Universe mode is buggy as hell. THQ didnt do it in 3 versions of UFC. EA never did it in Fight Night or EA MMA. 2k never did it with their combat sports games.

Whats funny is one of the examples you use was an outright failure. Story mode in FNC was hated by most people here because it wasnt realistic. They were pissed that EA would take the time to create a new moe instead of adding more to career mode.

So you have a choice: Give people the more popular mode people have been demanding (Event Mode) or try to create an entire new mode that very few people have been demanding.

Finally, there are things about UFC 2 that I disagree with and I think the dev team got wrong and I will speak on those when I can. Universe mode isnt one of them because I'm realistic and not living in some world where public demand, manpower and development time dont matter. You obviously live in that world and thats why you think all of your demands should be granted disregarding whether they are realistic or nor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 07:44 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not being an apologist so chill out with the personal attacks. I've said several times in this thread and in this forum that I think Universe mode is a great idea. I also said that I pitched it directly to the devs.

I'm also a realist. No AAA combat sports game has ever had a "season mode" or "universe mode" except for WWE and they did that in the 11th edition of that series. It took them 11 versions of the games to become "visionaries" and they still havent gotten it right because WWE Universe mode is buggy as hell. THQ didnt do it in 3 versions of UFC. EA never did it in Fight Night or EA MMA. 2k never did it with their combat sports games.

Whats funny is one of the examples you use was an outright failure. Story mode in FNC was hated by most people here because it wasnt realistic. They were pissed that EA would take the time to create a new moe instead of adding more to career mode.

So you have a choice: Give people the more popular mode people have been demanding (Event Mode) or try to create an entire new mode that very few people have been demanding.

Finally, there are things about UFC 2 that I disagree with and I think the dev team got wrong and I will speak on those when I can. Universe mode isnt one of them because I'm realistic and not living in some world where public demand, manpower and development time dont matter. You obviously live in that world and thats why you think all of your demands should be granted disregarding whether they are realistic or nor.
ok..cool. great opinion. sorry that in your opinion you felt personaly attacked.
you said no AAA combat spirts title has had a universe mode except 1. the only prblem is that there is ONLY 1 other AAA combat sports title.

btw there is another choice...make a great game that peeps will love.

but anyway...that is my opinion. i have heard yours an feel enlightened by it
Old 11-28-2015, 02:13 PM   #23
Rookie

Siorai56's Arena

Those of us clever enough with Microsoft Excel and some free time can patch together some sort of a GM mode until EA gets around to implementing. I'm an offline nerd that wanted GM mode badly but I can live with UT & Event Mode if the gameplay and customization is there, I didn't have my hopes high for all the reasons explained in this thread. As Ahobert has mentioned at the end of the day they are trying to appeal to the masses because 1M buying the game for Event mode are going to get what they want versus the 250k that want GM mode. This isn't Madden, there's not enough mass appeal to take chances.

@Ahobert I know you had some insight when they were putting together the game, do you know if the user will have the ability to edit existing fighters attributes similar to their other game's player models? That was a huge frustration of mine from UFC 1, some of the punching attributes (namely Brock Lesnar, we're crazy to me, being able to tinker would be a plus)
Old 11-28-2015, 05:24 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siorai56
Those of us clever enough with Microsoft Excel and some free time can patch together some sort of a GM mode until EA gets around to implementing. I'm an offline nerd that wanted GM mode badly but I can live with UT & Event Mode if the gameplay and customization is there, I didn't have my hopes high for all the reasons explained in this thread. As Ahobert has mentioned at the end of the day they are trying to appeal to the masses because 1M buying the game for Event mode are going to get what they want versus the 250k that want GM mode. This isn't Madden, there's not enough mass appeal to take chances.

@Ahobert I know you had some insight when they were putting together the game, do you know if the user will have the ability to edit existing fighters attributes similar to their other game's player models? That was a huge frustration of mine from UFC 1, some of the punching attributes (namely Brock Lesnar, we're crazy to me, being able to tinker would be a plus)

Can't answer that yet. What I can say is that the UFC has a lot of input over roster decisions and that includes ratings and attributes. With that said, the game changers are trying their best to influence movesets and attributes. Hopefully we will be able to provide some valuable input.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »