Home

UFC Universe Mode

This is a discussion on UFC Universe Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2015, 01:41 PM   #1
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6
UFC Universe Mode

I saw that there is a "custom event" mode. But dont you guys think EA is leaving money on the table with no universe/GM type mode in the game?

What I have in mind is a mode where you are essentially Dana White and your goal is to keep the business a float by booking money making cards and building green as grass fighters into world beaters.

Money values are added up after each event and yearly totals that will put you on a leaderboard online to compare who is the best of the best in terms of GM's.

Inside the game mode all of the current fighters are available with everyone having a "fight gauge" which gives you the total amount of fights or years you have to work with with any given fighter.

With each successful event you get points to allocate to fighters to make them stronger or last longer as you so choose. This means you can come in with the approach to fight off all the older guys and focus on building the younger guys or flip it or balance it. Injuries and wear & tear will also have to be managed as well, is it about keeping guys as fresh as possible or booking that big match now with a guys career on the line you choose.

Rotation of fighters is also in your control every year. You can either do CPU generated rookies or create a rookie class each year or (best option) download fighters from other users too add in guys each year. Also the coaching carousel well reflect real life and your retired fighters also having an opportunity to build a gym and be coaches as well in the mode.

You will also have control of each fighters team and sponsorship that you allocate with points, however each fighter will have personalities that you will have to gauge in negotiations for contracts. Some guys may be too hot headed outside the ring and get suspended or even do something in a fight that causes them suspensions. That young girl you have built up all of a sudden says she wants to retire at 30 to start a family, these situations and many more will test your ability to manage the UFC and get the most out of every card.

You can fight as anyone in any card you set up. Every fighter will have potential ratings that will advance them at their own pace. However as the GM you will have points you can use to make guys grow faster or change their styles or change their team affiliation/coaching all depending on their personality types. Sponsorship are given out based on how much of a draw each fighter is.

Finally, Money is used to pick all venues and marketing strategies for each major card. If you have been low balling it the attendance will reflect in the arenas and also larger arenas will only be available upon reaching that monetary value to accomplish it. Can you build from the United Center to MSG to MGM Grand to Cowboy Stadium?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: UFC Universe Mode

I want a UFC Universe or Franchise mode more than anything in sport gaming, however I don't really care about any outside of the octagon fluff. Just give me a mode that let's me set the match-ups, keeps up with records/belts, different event types (PPV, Fox, Fight Pass) etc. I'd love to see things like injuries (normal and manual), progression/regression, fighter personalities, rivalries, etc. but those would be icing on the cake... and honestly I don't really expect all of those on their first try.

My main thing is give me as much customization as possible. Let me make the fights that I want to make regardless of weight-class (within reason of course), let me edit ratings, give me sliders, let me add fighters mid-mode, give me a a manual injury system. I'd absolutely love that type of a mode.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I want a UFC Universe or Franchise mode more than anything in sport gaming, however I don't really care about any outside of the octagon fluff. Just give me a mode that let's me set the match-ups, keeps up with records/belts, different event types (PPV, Fox, Fight Pass) etc. I'd love to see things like injuries (normal and manual), progression/regression, fighter personalities, rivalries, etc. but those would be icing on the cake... and honestly I don't really expect all of those on their first try.

My main thing is give me as much customization as possible. Let me make the fights that I want to make regardless of weight-class (within reason of course), let me edit ratings, give me sliders, let me add fighters mid-mode, give me a a manual injury system. I'd absolutely love that type of a mode.
I think the key to this mode is tons of options narrowed down for each user. For example there should be difficulty levels from easy-to-hard, sliders for everything in the mode(personality types, injury occurrence, etc.)

Me personally I would tailor the mode to be as hardcore as possible for me, I want to know that losing money is a thing and I want to scrape for every last dollar LOL but in general everyone gets to choose all of their options for them.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Yeah...i think everyone can agree this is the missing mode. I think they should have just started small with the understanding they would have expanded.

As I have stated before..I think that b4 they do that they need to make fighter AI tendencies. Otherwise...single player feels old as there is not a bunch of variety in how they play.

Every fighter should have a series of combos the combos to fall in tiers 1-5 with 3-6 combos in each tier. The tiers will represent variants of those combos in tier 1. The higher the difficulty the more tiers the fighter will use. So a tier 5 is throwing like 15-30 varied combos at you.

Other tendencies should be similar to the personalities in WWE where fighters are measured on a spectrum

Takedown attempts - Striking
Kick strikes vs punches
range vs in close strikes
clinch vs standing
pressure based vs counter striker
etc.

long story short...we need Franchise or Promotion mode, but will really need a good AI to make that matter. Otherwise I will stick to online

If they do that...we have a sick game because it seems like they are tightening up the gameplay.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #5
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
Yeah...i think everyone can agree this is the missing mode. I think they should have just started small with the understanding they would have expanded.

As I have stated before..I think that b4 they do that they need to make fighter AI tendencies. Otherwise...single player feels old as there is not a bunch of variety in how they play.

Every fighter should have a series of combos the combos to fall in tiers 1-5 with 3-6 combos in each tier. The tiers will represent variants of those combos in tier 1. The higher the difficulty the more tiers the fighter will use. So a tier 5 is throwing like 15-30 varied combos at you.

Other tendencies should be similar to the personalities in WWE where fighters are measured on a spectrum

Takedown attempts - Striking
Kick strikes vs punches
range vs in close strikes
clinch vs standing
pressure based vs counter striker
etc.

long story short...we need Franchise or Promotion mode, but will really need a good AI to make that matter. Otherwise I will stick to online

If they do that...we have a sick game because it seems like they are tightening up the gameplay.
WOW. you are absolutely correct.

Without tendencies and things to differentiate everyone the mode would get stale rather quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2015, 09:03 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

Imagine getting a report regarding unkown prospects toiling in obscure places in the U.S.?
You can spend money on scouting them, and then sign them to a contract for x-amount of fights hoping they pan out?

A Managers mode is an absolute must and should have been done eon's ago.
I'd love to hear EA's rationale as to why they keep ignoring something like this.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:43 AM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Imagine getting a report regarding unkown prospects toiling in obscure places in the U.S.?
You can spend money on scouting them, and then sign them to a contract for x-amount of fights hoping they pan out?

A Managers mode is an absolute must and should have been done eon's ago.
I'd love to hear EA's rationale as to why they keep ignoring something like this.
The game is only in its second edition and there are significantly more important and popular modes (in their eyes) that need to be added first. This sort of mode isnt easy to build and doesnt have the demand that other modes had. I saw hundreds of more posts about adding Event mode than a Manager/Universe mode.

I said this before: Only one combat sports game has ever added this mode and thats WWE. WWE added it when they were in their 11th version of the Smackdown series.

My hope is that they will build on Event Mode and make a manager mode around that foundation.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:19 AM   #8
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

I would imagine that an event mode everyone wants is exactly what we are describing in this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »