Home

Running a UFC 2 Universe

This is a discussion on Running a UFC 2 Universe within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2016, 05:24 PM   #65
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Running a UFC 2 Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
The HUD might make a big difference. I wish I could see my own but not the CPUs.
It does. It makes you less aggressive because you arent immediately aware when your stamina is dropping. So you are more likely to pace yourself.

I havent played a MMA game with the HUD on since UFC 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 1

Tried about 10 fights with HUD off, half on Hard and half on Pro. Pro is probably a hair easier than Hard but it's tough to tell with the limited sample size. Picked mismatches and put myself at the disadvantage (the one I did the most was Northcutt (me) versus RDA).

Won all of them by KO, mostly in the first round but a couple times in the second. In two fights I was in some danger of losing but I came back and won. The AI just can't defend itself properly. I wasn't this "good" at UFC 1 so I have to say that the difficulty has taken a step back.

edit: Also a word of warning since I found out the hard way: If you turn off the HUD and then go to online it stays off, and if you try to pause the game it doesn't actually pause the action and the other guy just gets to wail on you until you get back out of the menu. Then you get to mount them and GnP them to death.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #67
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

The biggest problem with AI defending themselves is that they don't block properly when you throw 3-4+ punch combos. In real life you rarely see multiple punch combos unless someone is rocked. Just make a house rule to fight realistically by not to take advantage of the AI's combo defense and you will see less KO's.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 03-15-2016, 07:58 PM   #68
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
The biggest problem with AI defending themselves is that they don't block properly when you throw 3-4+ punch combos. In real life you rarely see multiple punch combos unless someone is rocked. Just make a house rule to fight realistically by not to take advantage of the AI's combo defense and you will see less KO's.

Great advice. It sucks that we have to handicap ourselves but this is the only way to play offline until the next patch comes. Also it's realistic. U rarely see fighters in real like throw more than 3 punch combos.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:34 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 1

The problem with that is that the way the combo damage modifier works the only way to do real damage on the feet is to throw those unrealistic combos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »