Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Features 2 Playable Versions of Mike Tyson

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Features 2 Playable Versions of Mike Tyson within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2016, 08:04 PM   #41
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Features 2 Playable Versions of Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
No. Just no. I'm sure it went as far as Jeremy said about it reaching more casual fans and he being personally close to Dana so it didn't rub he or the UFC the wrong way.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Not to mention that celebrity's in sports video games isn't something new. Shaq was in one of THQ's UFC games, Justin Beiber has been in NBA 2k, Hell Micheal Jackson was in a boxing game back in the day. Where was the fake outrage then?

If someone is really against Tyson for whatever reason, then by all means speak with you wallet. I'm sure EA will make up for those lost sales and then some by including Iron Mike.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #42
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Man, I didn't think there'd be this much of an issue with Tyson. EA has done an awesome job catering to both crowds. We (hardcore got 3 guys, the casual fans got 1 is a way you could look it. I've always been a fan of early Tyson in the ring so I can't wait to use him KO mode.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Tyson is in to suck in casual and boxing fans nothing more, nothing less. When they announced KO mode I knew Tyson was the obvious choice.

As for Tyson never fighting in MMA, who cares? A) If you don't want to use him there's 250 other fighters that you can use and B) Bruce Lee didn't fight in the octagon either, so where were all of there complaints for the last game?
You guys have to remember there was bitching when women soccer players were added to a soccer game.

Some people just like to complain
Old 01-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #43
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamtino
You're not using EA logic hence why you don't get it.

Christiano Ronaldo competes in European football. So why can't he compete in an American football video game? Using EA logic he could play RB in Madden because he runs fast. Duh

Think of the sales boost Madden would get in the European market !
My goodness, that is a terrible comparison. Not even remotely close. Boxing and MMA are a hell of a lot closer to each other than soccer and football. It's a ****ing preorder bonus/unlockable. He's not taking the spot of anyone in the game. There's already 250 fighters in the game, that's an absurd amount. What fighter could you possibly want in over him? You probably can't name one. Sure they could have gone with another legend. But it's a preorder bonus. It's not costing you anything more, just let the people who want him in the game enjoy it, and you don't have to use him in the game at all.

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

Old 01-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #44
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I would rather have more current/legends mma fighters rather the non-mma, just like how they added Arnold for WWE. Does nothing for me, glad it, works for some of you.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:33 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
If someone really cares about these things then the difference is that Tyson never even competed in MMA while the other guys on the roster with 'problems' did. I personally couldn't care less but there is at least some difference.
Wait, domestic violence is domestic violence. Who cares if the person who committed it never competed in MMA. Somehow competing in MMA makes it okay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #46
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I actually agree about having a boxer in an MMA title. It's like a Fight Night dick tease.

Having Tyson in the game does nothing for me besides wishing that Fight Night could be played.

I was excited for Bruce Lee. Tyson? Not at all.

I guess Tyson will have all the same moves as everyone else? Yeah...to each his own.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:18 PM   #47
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
I would rather have more current/legends mma fighters rather the non-mma, just like how they added Arnold for WWE. Does nothing for me, glad it, works for some of you.
That's pretty much how I am, as well except I never use legends in any of the sports games that I play either. I just care about the current roster and that's pretty much it. I never used Bruce Lee or any of the legends the released at all in the last game. I'm sure I'll fight with Tyson a couple of times just because of KO Mode. After playing KO mode a time or two I doubt I'll ever touch either again unless I'm playing against friends who aren't familiar with the controls.

With all of that said I realize that games aren't created just to cater to me and my wants. I'm sure that others will enjoy using Tyson and I'm sure that EA will make a few more sells because of him being in the game. If that means a bigger budget for UFC 3, then it's a no lose situation for me.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #48
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
If Evander Holyfield can forgive Tyson so can I. He never even bit my ear off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »