Home

Brand new to ufc

This is a discussion on Brand new to ufc within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Brand new to ufc

Hello all. Brand new to ufc. Recently bought wwe 2k16 but that just wasn't for me. Anyways played the tutorial made some notes bc controls are a little for complex for me. I also purchased Bruce lee bc I'm a huge fan. Anyways after practicing for and fighting several fighters I went to start a career. But I noticed I can either create a guy or only use Bruce lee and the 4 different versions of him in different weight classes.

I remember in fight night I could use any real fighter and build him up. Is that an option? Not a big fan of making a fake fighter or putting myself in the game. Also why am I allowed to use Bruce lee and no other fighter?

The second question is in regards to difficulty. The default is easy and I win inconsistently even against lesser ranked overall fighters. I am brand new to the game. If I put it on beginner it's pretty easy against lesser guys. Haven't played any real tough guys yet in practice. Highest was 90 overall. Now that I begin career not sure what to choose. I still am learning the ground work and submission and avoiding submissions etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Brand new to ufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoccia
Hello all. Brand new to ufc. Recently bought wwe 2k16 but that just wasn't for me. Anyways played the tutorial made some notes bc controls are a little for complex for me. I also purchased Bruce lee bc I'm a huge fan. Anyways after practicing for and fighting several fighters I went to start a career. But I noticed I can either create a guy or only use Bruce lee and the 4 different versions of him in different weight classes.

I remember in fight night I could use any real fighter and build him up. Is that an option? Not a big fan of making a fake fighter or putting myself in the game. Also why am I allowed to use Bruce lee and no other fighter?
This is an option in UFC 2

The second question is in regards to difficulty. The default is easy and I win inconsistently even against lesser ranked overall fighters. I am brand new to the game. If I put it on beginner it's pretty easy against lesser guys. Haven't played any real tough guys yet in practice. Highest was 90 overall. Now that I begin career not sure what to choose. I still am learning the ground work and submission and avoiding submissions etc Are you asking what difficulty level to use?
Answers in red.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

If you feel like you're winning too often on easy then bump it up, if not then leave it there. It's really a preference thing.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Rookie

yeah, I was basically looking for suggestions for difficulty. On easy, I struggled to beat an 85 overall guy. In fact he beat me, then I won on rematch and vice versa. On beginner, I beat him, an 86 overall, an 88 overall, and a 90 overall with little challenge.

I am still having difficulty with avoiding takedowns and doing takedowns. Because holding the Left trigger and rotate the R button gets me to start the animation, and it stays there for like a second or 2, but then the opponent pushes me off. Any suggestions on how to complete the takedown. Do I have to hold the R button longer or push it in the direction I'm heading?

In using Bruce Lee, a lot of my combat is stand-up b/c of his quickness overall skill. In fact, I have knocked out some opponents after doing serious damage to the head in particular. I have started to learn the importance of doing damage to the legs as well. I struggle once I get taken down. Sometimes I can get out of it, sometimes, I end up getting knocked out after battling for a little awhile. Is that due to his ratings in that area, my inability to learn all the controls, yet, and so forth. Also, can I be successful in UFC with strictly a stand-up fighter that avoids going to the ground as much as possible. I remember in fight night in being very successful in jabbing and moving and letting the opponent essentially punch himself out while I am avoiding serious confrontation and basically counter-attacking (I guess like mayweather). I noticed that it worked in some of my matches that I was counter-attacking and inflicting serious damage and stunning the opponent (and attempted several takedowns that didn't work), but I ended up finishing the fighter either by KO or the ref stopping it after I got on top of the fighter after they fell. I'm curious if that will work for the more skilled opponents (CPU only)

Also, final question, so I based on the reply, I can use bruce lee or some created person (that will change in UFC 2, which is a good thing) and build them up through training, because I assume like fight night, I get a water-downed version of bruce lee (not a 93 or 94 overall whatever he is) to begin with until I build up his attributes?

Thanks for any help in advance. I am really into this game, and using this to see if UFC 2 will work for me.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:51 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

You can definitely counter strike against the AI and be successful. It's almost necessary at the higher difficulty settings. As far as going stand-up only it is possible, but just like in real life if you don't get good at stopping takedowns you'll be in trouble when you do get taken down.

In 2 you won't be starting with a high rated fighter; you're getting him 'at the beginning of his career' ratings wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 03:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Got a question since I'm new after playing for a little while beginning my training and fighting in some preliminary fights None counted. I'm part of a team training. Any ways fighting as Bruce lee. Getting better on defending when I'm on ground and escaping and counter attacking. Problem is I can't complete takedown. I hold the necessary buttons and I perform the animation and I'm holding the opponents leg and simultaneously I have the buttons pressed but he doesn't take him down. So of course the opponent pushes me off. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I hold I think rt and the. Rotate the r. But it never completes. Need some help as I can never complete a take Down.

Separate issue but connected. If a fight goes the full 5 rounds. I'm concerned that with no takedowns I will lose the fight by decision. In these matches in usually winning on ko or stpppage and severe damage to opponent but no takedowns. How much will this effect the decision. I have won one and lost one if the fight goes the distance. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:29 PM   #7
Rookie

IS the head movement in this game like Fight Night?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:43 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBUDD88
IS the head movement in this game like Fight Night?

Yes it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »