Home

EA UFC 2 AI Impressions

This is a discussion on EA UFC 2 AI Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2016, 10:56 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EA UFC 2 AI Impressions

Wow,thanks! Good stuff on that list!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 11:07 PM   #66
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Conor is an 89. 94 standup - 87 clinch - 82 ground
That sounds good.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:12 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Conor is an 89. 94 standup - 87 clinch - 82 ground
What about Sage's rating? Hope he isn't that good.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:13 PM   #68
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi1
What about Sage's rating? Hope he isn't that good.
87 - 91 -Standup - 83 Clinch- 81 Ground
Old 03-08-2016, 11:31 PM   #69
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
87 - 91 -Standup - 83 Clinch- 81 Ground
Good. As well as the fact they can change the stats at any time just by pushing an update to the servers in case they do well. A guy like Sage can make his stats jump more because he has less fights.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:52 PM   #70
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

So I dont know if I'm a big fan of the new patch when it comes to the AI's standup defense and I think I figured out part of the issue. Pre patch, the AI is a little parry heavy but they use those parrys to stop basic strikes. With the patch, the AI relies less on parries but it doesnt appear that the AI uses any defensive measures to counter those punches. No head movement, regular movement or blocks.

Part of the reason I'm able to dominate the AI standing is because I dont spam power strikes and use basic strikes predominately. The AI does a great job at stopping me from spamming power strikes when I try.

For example, I was able to use Sage Northcutt to KO Conor twice in the first round just by using pressure and throwing consistent basic strikes even while taking Conor's power shots. How? Because I was able to throw significantly more basic strikes. That output plus the fact that basic strikes are more powerful now is leading to me damaging my AI opponent's head faster than they can. Also certain fighters like Rory/Conor/JJ are more aggressive than others and instead of defending they look to fire back.

Another issue is the combo multiplier. In the EA UFC series, the damage you generate will increase if you are able to land strikes in a combo. The AI throws combos but many of them are combos that mix head and body shots. The AI also rarely throws 4-5 strike combos. I'm ok with that because its realistic. You rarely see combos like that in MMA.

The problem is there is nothing that stops the user from throwing those combos and with the reduced AI defense, players can generate significant damage from a 4-5 punch combo to the head. I just fought Machida with Rockhold. I started by landing a 4 punch combo and it led to Machida having 100% head damage immediately. Suffice it to say, I KO'd him in the first.

I'm trying to think of a workaround until Skynet and the team can hopefully fix this with a future patch.

Last edited by aholbert32; 03-09-2016 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:09 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well that's disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 04:42 AM   #72
MVP

What if the AI just uses regular block more but have damage bleed through if their arms get damaged?

Or reduce the combo multiplier on light strikes and add in modifiers for heavy crosses, heavy jabs etc?

So you can pepper the AI with light shots but not actually get anywhere unless you crack them with a hard shot.

Don't know how well that would work, just thought of it.

Edit:

Or perhaps after the first shot or two the AI goes to guard the area being struck or returns with a heavy shot of its own or moves away laterally or shoots for a takedown or initiates a clinch or goes to head movement? Any of those would make things more difficult for the player and make it more unpredictable.

Also, what about adding off centre striking? In UFC 3 if you played against a Rampage Jackson and used straight shots, you would have a bad time, he can slip and strike with tremendous power in that game. Why not make it the same here? So the AI slips a shot and strikes at the same time making you more hesitant to throw lots of light shots?

Also, what about punching off kick catches? When the AI parries and catches a kick, they should look to do something like sweep, or punch.

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 03-09-2016 at 04:49 AM. Reason: new idea

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »