Home

Is EA Sports UFC 2 Doubling Down on Its Strengths and Ignoring Its Weaknesses?

This is a discussion on Is EA Sports UFC 2 Doubling Down on Its Strengths and Ignoring Its Weaknesses? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Is EA Sports UFC 2 Doubling Down on Its Strengths and Ignoring Its Weaknesses?

There is an argument to be had that UFC 2 is bringing more than enough to the octagon but still not nearly enough outside of it.

EA's UFC debut was an interesting one. The fighting is fast paced, complex and ruthless. If you miss your window of opportunity, you can expect to have your bell rung and possibly even be knocked out. Having to stay on your toes at all times is what made the experience such a genuine one.

The variance and multitude of different ways to end a fight was the best thing about UFC. UFC 2 seems to be on a mission to continue the trend. With standing and chained submissions, the game's single-largest gameplay flaw (the lack of a need to use submissions), seems to have been addressed.

Read More - Is EA Sports UFC 2 Doubling Down on Its Strengths and Ignoring Its Weaknesses?
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Is EA Sports UFC 2 Doubling Down on Its Strengths and Ignoring Its Weaknesses?

My impression is that no, it's not doing that at all. The biggest weakness in 1, the ground game, was definitely addressed. The second biggest problem for a lot of people was lack of game modes. UT does address this, even if it isn't everyone's cup of tea. I hope people that don't typically like UT modes try it, because it's really nothing like Madden UT and in my opinion is much better. I'd love for them to greatly expand career mode and even put in a universe mode, but UT is going to add a ton of longevity to the game for a lot of people.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #3
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Have you played it?
Old 03-07-2016, 12:52 PM   #4
MVP

Re: Is EA Sports UFC 2 Doubling Down on Its Strengths and Ignoring Its Weaknesses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
Have you played it?
I've played the beta a lot.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
What would be cool is if you and say 5 friends were able to start a connected career to climb ranks and evolve together. I have been saying the same thing about NBA2K for years now. In 2k we would just player lock and go at it. Madden is the only sport to do this.

EA has a pretty decent career formula but after around 15 matches the outside of the ring options are just dull and something you just want to get over with to fight your next opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #6
Rookie

TheDeej's Arena

I think they should have a career mode that revolves around a fight manager. I like this idea because it is more sustainable long term. This way you can have multiple fighters with multiple fights and it could run longer. My issue with a single fighter career is it seems so quick. I know that it is realistic but it doesn't last long enough. Having a manager with multiple customizable fighters and the ability to recruit more could solve this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2016, 08:33 PM   #7
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I've played the beta a lot.
Havent been keeping up with this game. Didnt realize they had a beta. Did it include ultimate team? What do they do differently?
Old 03-07-2016, 08:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Realistically anyone who wasn't involved with the beta won't notice how much was done to make this game better, I haven't been able to touch ufc 1 since playing the beta because it's that much more advanced and makes ufc 1 look like it was built for an older generation of consoles

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »