Home

Official EA UFC 2 "Teach me how/strategy" thread

This is a discussion on Official EA UFC 2 "Teach me how/strategy" thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 10:11 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official EA UFC 2 "Teach me how/strategy" thread

So I've been playing this game religiously since Beta. I like playing ranked until I reach Division 6, I can get there undefeated, however at "top level" it becomes a cheesefest and guys lagging hard to deny and beat me up on the ground when they realize they can not stand with me(which is about 5 seconds into the match).

So far I've been able to enjoy my online experience meaning that I have enough experience to beat any kind of cheeser, leg kick spammer, lagswitcher, Clinch spammer, you name it I'll beat it.

However there is a certain style I still get beat on rare ocassion.

The lagswitcher grappler. This guy would put me into a clinch I would deny his transitions but he would deny my TDs with lag and then counter with an undeniable TD with his lag trick.

Once I'm on bottom they just stall or rush to mount or SC even if I deny on time their lag allows them to finish their transitions like butter, and hold on SC which turns me off completely about this game just like the backside position.

They hold me on SC and keep rotating between denying me and going to Crucifix, no matte if I fake, stall, change my timing or what they seem to hold me down and deny until I have no stamina left and finish by this cheesy way when they know that is their only chance.

I had this sad guy use that Jordan bum guy from Heavyweight and I was Overeem so he started running while popping jabs, I cut the octagon off start whooping his *** and decided to clinch him since he had no stamina left, what a mistake...

They guy works his SC and Crucifix magic and ends the fight in less than 1 min in the first round, this was my first loss in about two weekends(I only play Saturday evenings, all day Sunday, and all morning Mondays).

It felt cheap, I did not quit, did not broke any controllers just sat there trying to figure out how did guy is holding down Overeem with his poor stats like nothing.

I waited for him to finish hugging me, let my stamina replenish only for my fake to be denied, and the same cycle until he finished me.

What can be done on this situations, against these skilled lagswitch grapplers I do not seem to have any answers.

I've handled myself against some skilled grapplers without lag and won but these really skilled at SC and Crucifix seem to lock you down and that is it.

What can I do when these grappling "masters" deny my fakes, my transitions even by following Zhunter's grappling guide such as never been predictable and change up the patterns but nothing seems to work?
Old 04-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #74
Pro

Does anyone have advice against constant 1-2s to the body? I get my jabs parried, and they counter with an endless stream of 1-2s to the body. I can feint jabs sure, but then they take the initiative and throw 1-2s to the body anyway. Blocking is only a stopgap solution and uppers don't really seem to work -_-
Old 04-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightNightKing16
So I've been playing this game religiously ...I only play Saturday evenings, all day Sunday, and all morning Mondays).
made my day already

What should I say to help you? Your questions sounds for me a bit like in CS:GO "What can I do to players with wallhacks and aiming bot?" So using a lagswitch in this game is like having a winning cheat. I really doubt, there is anything you can do to them, if they are using their "cheats" correctly.
But when using a lagswitch, usually only the outbound connection is broken down, so that should be traceable by EA in theory. You should report them, anytime you suspect them using it. Best will be to have video footage. If it starts lagging if it goes to the ground/clinch, that cannot be pure randomness....
In the hope of getting them banned, only having a digital copy on that banned account
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Does anyone have advice against constant 1-2s to the body? I get my jabs parried, and they counter with an endless stream of 1-2s to the body. I can feint jabs sure, but then they take the initiative and throw 1-2s to the body anyway. Blocking is only a stopgap solution and uppers don't really seem to work -_-
keeping distance and throwing body roundhouse kicks works 4 me most times.
Also try using a straight instead of a jab, as it has more stopping power.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedRuffRaw
made my day already

What should I say to help you? Your questions sounds for me a bit like in CS:GO "What can I do to players with wallhacks and aiming bot?" So using a lagswitch in this game is like having a winning cheat. I really doubt, there is anything you can do to them, if they are using their "cheats" correctly.
But when using a lagswitch, usually only the outbound connection is broken down, so that should be traceable by EA in theory. You should report them, anytime you suspect them using it. Best will be to have video footage. If it starts lagging if it goes to the ground/clinch, that cannot be pure randomness....
In the hope of getting them banned, only having a digital copy on that banned account
This has been my dilemma since I decided to jump on the competitive gaming scene.

First game I noticed a lagswitch in action was Fight Night Round 3 online, and I remember back then I was just another naive guy thinking it must be my connection.

The problem with this is that I put so many hours into this game and the last one, including countless of hours learning every tell of the ground and clinch since I got late to the part on EA UFC and never decided to learn the ground as it was pretty easy to avoid it.

So now that I sacrificed so much, that when I lose to a guy like this I get mentally f*** and do not think "Hey relax, they guy had to use a lagswitch to have a chance against you, you gotta be flattered", instead I think "I suck, I'm a failure at this game, I don't know how I can sacrifice so much time from my wife and son to put up with this".

Don't get me wrong I feel I reached my fight night levels with the stand up which was never a reality with the last game and now that I have, I'm left with these desperate lagswitchers who are discouraging me from even clinching or finishing learning some of the aspects I'm missing from my ground game.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #78
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedRuffRaw
keeping distance and throwing body roundhouse kicks works 4 me most times.
Also try using a straight instead of a jab, as it has more stopping power.
So your one of those ppl who abuse this combo over and over all game.

A straight followed by roundhouse to body for hit stuns that send you in a hit stun loop over and over.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:58 PM   #79
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
So your one of those ppl who abuse this combo over and over all game.

A straight followed by roundhouse to body for hit stuns that send you in a hit stun loop over and over.
I use that combo too, and people use it against me too, it is indeed really effective BUT if the straight hits you you can still block the body kick
Old 04-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #80
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
I use that combo too, and people use it against me too, it is indeed really effective BUT if the straight hits you you can still block the body kick
Its the only combo ppl are starting to do online now. Which means it's OP if every fight is the same 1-2 cheese hit stun combo.

Thanks for answering my question.

GPD I posted this before, plz nerf the hit stuns for a roundhouse to the body.

The same combo online over and over. Also it works great on MW Div.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »