Home

Roster Updates? Will In- Game fighters get any Updates?

This is a discussion on Roster Updates? Will In- Game fighters get any Updates? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2016, 08:22 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Roster Updates? Will In- Game fighters get any Updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I have never Seen an organization have so much control over a game. Dana and Lorenzo must be playing the game. Lol

Seriously though not even the mighty NFL has this much say in their game.
Could you imagine if teams controlled the player rankings in Madden??
Old 04-30-2016, 08:36 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Hope not, fighters are what they are? That doesn't really change especially established vets, if anything people should be decreased that's about it.
This is pretty much nonsense. The vast majority of the fighters make alterations between fights. The only people that "are who they are" may be the established vets, like you said, that is about it.

Prospects not only should be altered after each fight, they MUST be. Guys like Almeida, Sterling, Yair, Ortega, etc. need to be brought up to speed as more real life data comes to light.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #19
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hmega
This is pretty much nonsense. The vast majority of the fighters make alterations between fights. The only people that "are who they are" may be the established vets, like you said, that is about it.

Prospects not only should be altered after each fight, they MUST be. Guys like Almeida, Sterling, Yair, Ortega, etc. need to be brought up to speed as more real life data comes to light.
As I said I agree with that but not off of one fight. Should Matt Sera be rated as an all-time great just because he caught GSP one night on a fluke? -_-

Three fight sample size minimum
Old 04-30-2016, 12:32 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinklime
thats just an excuse. if they give UFC a good roster update, the UFC will approve it. that just hasn't happened.
LOL.

This isnt even close to correct. Its funny how much misinformation gets told on the old forums or even here now.

I cant get into how what I've been told about the UFC's role in the creating the roster because of the NDA but its not just "make a good roster update". They play a bigger role than you think.

Honestly, most of the roster issues I've seen here are a lot more arent as easy to fix than I initially thought.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:18 AM   #21
Banned

drinklime's Arena

its probably just a matter of keeping the overalls in a certain order, to reflect some preferred ranking by the UFC. they should simply decouple the OVR from the individual stats. I seriously doubt joe silva knows the difference between the individual categories. keep the OVR's static. the UFC will be happy. now, adjust the individual stats to reflect real life performance. the UFC will be none the wiser.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #22
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

When they do these updates, they are usually very small. A point of two here or there. A lot of times last game, we were never told about these, so it was up to us to find out. They usually came when they released a patch. They don't have to use a patch to do this though. They just have to push the new values to the servers.

Last game they did give us one update they told us about. Which was more than likely because Conor was updated so hard that they pretty much had to let us know he was going to be that much more powerful.

Think of these as Easter Eggs and look for any changes. They do happen.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:57 PM   #23
Banned

Pepsi's Arena

srry folks that information are classified

Old 05-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinklime
its probably just a matter of keeping the overalls in a certain order, to reflect some preferred ranking by the UFC. they should simply decouple the OVR from the individual stats. I seriously doubt joe silva knows the difference between the individual categories. keep the OVR's static. the UFC will be happy. now, adjust the individual stats to reflect real life performance. the UFC will be none the wiser.
Unless they actually look into the ratings or ask EA how OVR are determined. This is a multi million dollar license between EA and the UFC. I dont think the UFC would look to kindly on its partner trying to deceive it. I dont think EA would want to risk its relationship for something like that either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »