Home

SIDE STEPS & DODGES are broken (3 issues) + How to fix it!

This is a discussion on SIDE STEPS & DODGES are broken (3 issues) + How to fix it! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
SIDE STEPS & DODGES are broken (3 issues) + How to fix it!

Issues:
Moving:
- with Block is 50% slower and 50% slower Stamina recovery

Dodges in all 4 directions:
- with Block 50% slower Stamina recovery but no differences in Speed/Range, not shorter with Block (1st ISSUE).

Advanced Side step (L1 + up/down):
- up/down: cost more Stamina but has more range and speed
- fwd/bwd: ALSO cost more Stamina (!) but has the same range and speed (2nd ISSUE)

Advanced Side step with Block:
- up/down: cost LESS Stamina in result and has the same range and speed like Advanced Side step w/o Block + active Block (3nd ISSUE the most abusive).

4th ISSUE:
as i see:
Moving - holding LS:
- low stamina = no effect on speed
- damaged legs (1 or 2) = slower speed
Dodges/L1 Side step:
- low stamina = slower speed and range
- damaged legs (1 or 2) = no effect on speed and range
This is bug or a feature??
IF low Stamina: use Moving, not Dodges/Side step.
IF damaged Legs: use Dodges/Side step, not Moving.

How to fix:
Active Block - ALWAYS slow down stamina recovery (also for Advanced side step w block)
Active block - ALWAYS decrease/slow down range and speed (also for all 4 dodges and Advanced Side step)
Advanced FWD/BWD Dodge (L1) must to have more range and/or speed because it costs more Stamina.
4th issue fix - make egual between Moving and Dodge/Side step - low stamina/damaged legs = slower/shorter Moving/dodges/side steps.

Video explanation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgK-CkNmIuU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: SIDE STEPS & DODGES are broken (3 issues) + How to fix it!

I don't feel side steps are a problem all you have to do is kick them to the head or body itll land almost all the time the REAL problem in this game. Is that overall it is. Way to easy. To run and be effective and to hard to cut the cage off.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:37 AM   #3
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Interesting thoughts I agree with some

With regard to side steps --- i think they're a bit UNDERPOWERED ---

If someone throws a spinning head kick --- and you side step (let's say you do L1 + Sidestep, so the big sidestep) --- you move off-center by at least a foot, maybe more --- but they're able to adjust mid-spin and STILL hit you FLUSH

They have radar guided strikes in this game lol

Also for takedowns ... you can sidestep away but they will 'magically' glue to you at times and land the takedown, even though you moved laterally and in 'real life' they would have fallen right on their face trying to shoot on you

But I agree that sidesteps (and in particular Active Block) needs to have some risk to it
Old 04-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #4
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Interesting thoughts I agree with some

With regard to side steps --- i think they're a bit UNDERPOWERED ---

If someone throws a spinning head kick --- and you side step (let's say you do L1 + Sidestep, so the big sidestep) --- you move off-center by at least a foot, maybe more --- but they're able to adjust mid-spin and STILL hit you FLUSH

They have radar guided strikes in this game lol

Also for takedowns ... you can sidestep away but they will 'magically' glue to you at times and land the takedown, even though you moved laterally and in 'real life' they would have fallen right on their face trying to shoot on you

But I agree that sidesteps (and in particular Active Block) needs to have some risk to it
I think there fine, even like boiler said, I think they Are UP, and could use a buff big time. PPL can still drill you so easy when side stepping.

My defense in UFC 2 is nothing but side steps with head sway, I don't even parry no more which can get you in more trouble with the added body damage when using head sway.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

yup I gave up on parries after they introduced head sway in UFC 2 --- and haven't looked back!!!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2016, 01:20 PM   #6
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
yup I gave up on parries after they introduced head sway in UFC 2 --- and haven't looked back!!!
Yup, it's been about 3 weeks since I parried a strike, but for me i suck at parries and don't have the reflexes of a ninja cat on crack to keep up with Hi/Low blocking and crazy combos ppl do now. I think I'm just getting old...
Old 04-22-2016, 04:58 PM   #7
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Parry needs to be buffed because they has low reward (not so much profit from counter after parry) and high risk.
Increase counter bonus from successful parry and it will be balanced.
Parry are usable only when you have Stamina advantage over the opponent because then parry is easy to success.
Just go in practice w 2 controllers and test it: i have much more stamina than opponent and then Parry becomes one of the easiest tool in the game.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #8
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Parry needs to be buffed because they has low reward (not so much profit from counter after parry) and high risk.
Increase counter bonus from successful parry and it will be balanced.
Parry are usable only when you have Stamina advantage over the opponent because then parry is easy to success.
Just go in practice w 2 controllers and test it: i have much more stamina than opponent and then Parry becomes one of the easiest tool in the game.
I respectfully disagree. Parries break the flow of striking to the point of looking funky. They are completely fine now.

I also thing side steps etc should stay the same until they can fix 1/2 to the body spam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »