Home

Scoot To The Cage

This is a discussion on Scoot To The Cage within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Scoot To The Cage

This would be a great addition to the ground game. There were a few fights on Saturday where fighters used this after being taken down to get back to the cage to attempt a wall walk/etc.

As with everything, going for this transition should come with risk --- if your opponent denies it, he has a great chance to advance to mount, etc. --- also perhaps on for those with high Off The Back skills, and/or it's a move

Just a thought The more options we have on the ground and clinch, in particular, the better. While there is a lot of variety --- after awhile, at the top levels of competition, it gets a bit robotic --- or let's just say sometimes it turns into 50/50 or 33/33/33 guessing games --- which isn't always bad, but point is, I want more options, and butt scoot to the cage is 'realistic' and may need a place in this franchise!

Whatcha think?
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 09:39 AM   #2
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Re: Scoot To The Cage

i agree more is better but they need to be implemented properly.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

For sure

the last thing I want to see if 90% of people on the ground just scooting away, can you imagine the scoot spam ?? lmao

so yea i 110% agree --- we need solid QA testing before and after additions are made, all it takes is one 'broken' feature to really screw up the whole meta
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 04-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #4
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
For sure

the last thing I want to see if 90% of people on the ground just scooting away, can you imagine the scoot spam ?? lmao

so yea i 110% agree --- we need solid QA testing before and after additions are made, all it takes is one 'broken' feature to really screw up the whole meta
There would be a way to deny it, so adding this would be great. We need to be able to move our opponents to the cage. Hell, they could add in that full guard slam Carla was doing Saturday night. I think they need to add that anyways.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #5
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
This would be a great addition to the ground game. There were a few fights on Saturday where fighters used this after being taken down to get back to the cage to attempt a wall walk/etc.

As with everything, going for this transition should come with risk --- if your opponent denies it, he has a great chance to advance to mount, etc. --- also perhaps on for those with high Off The Back skills, and/or it's a move

Just a thought The more options we have on the ground and clinch, in particular, the better. While there is a lot of variety --- after awhile, at the top levels of competition, it gets a bit robotic --- or let's just say sometimes it turns into 50/50 or 33/33/33 guessing games --- which isn't always bad, but point is, I want more options, and butt scoot to the cage is 'realistic' and may need a place in this franchise!

Whatcha think?
Is this what you mean? Trying to slide to the cage to stop a takedown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 02:04 PM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Yes that's (pretty much) what I meant. But not only using the cage to defend takedowns...also being able to move from parts of the octagon near the center, towards the cage.

Obviously if you are in the middle of the octagon it will be REALLY HARD to scoot all the way to the cage haha

But if you're just a few feet away...just a couple scoots while he's grabbing onto your leg/etc., might bring you close enough to the cage, where you can try to use it to reverse him, wall walk, etc

Similar to how clinch is now --- if you grab SC and your opponent is near the cage, you can push him into cage --- to some degree (not all the way across the cage obviously but a few steps)

I really can't find a good clip of it right now. But, I see it a lot. Fighter A scores a takedown, but is unable to fully hold down Fighter B, so Fighter B is able to drag both of them to the cage, where he can attempt to get back up
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 04-25-2016, 05:44 PM   #7
Rookie

You should be able to move freely with the left stick on the ground at all times like in Undisputed. The lower your stamina the more you struggle, hence the other player gets an advantage. Controller output would have to use all face buttons and the LB and LT modifier and combining them for different strikes. It could work imo.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #8
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade21
You should be able to move freely with the left stick on the ground at all times like in Undisputed. The lower your stamina the more you struggle, hence the other player gets an advantage. Controller output would have to use all face buttons and the LB and LT modifier and combining them for different strikes. It could work imo.
hell yea --- I didn't really play undisputed competitively, just for fun a bit, but I do remember this part for sure

Ground game is about 10x more dynamic than it was in UFC 1 --- time to make it another 10x more dynamic with a few new features
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »