Home

Muai thai block needs to be R1 head R2 body

This is a discussion on Muai thai block needs to be R1 head R2 body within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: should R1 block head shot and R2 body in the clinch?
yes 10 43.48%
No 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2016, 12:34 AM   #9
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Muai thai block needs to be R1 head R2 body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Because you can't tell the difference between a high head knee and a body low knee in the clinch based on the start-up animation.
ok, I understand now.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:57 AM   #10
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Because you can't tell the difference between a high head knee and a body low knee in the clinch based on the start-up animation.
This.

Plus body knees are more damaging than elbows. They also flow together better and cause body rocks..and as of rught now, body rocks are death.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:44 AM   #11
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
This.

Plus body knees are more damaging than elbows. They also flow together better and cause body rocks..and as of rught now, body rocks are death.
Body Rocks happen way to much in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 05:58 AM   #12
Rookie

info0's Arena

Yeah that does happen a lot. Body rocks I mean.

Also am I the only one who is not a fan of 2 blocking buttons? It ticks me off. It might have been good system if game flowed @60fps and there were no delayed animations.

Right now, low block is useless for me, unless in clinch. I rarely use it in stand up as the animation takes long while to kick in and usually kick is faster than me going to guard. So just flicking left stick to get out of range of attack works better in my case (irl one would go for grab and counter).

Also high kicks should be made more punishable. After all, high kicks are always the most risk involving ones.

MT clinch is fine for me as it is now. No problems here.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:13 AM   #13
Rookie

clinch in this game needs to be reworked, it s too stationary, it disrupts flow of the match, it s really cheap way combined with lag how to win with zero effort, failed takedowns are punished by 100% stamina drain, clinch attempts aren't.

it might be good idea to kill turn based idea of clinch and make it like ground game, both fighters can do their transitions and interrupt by punches/elbows whatever should be toned down

also fighters in health events should have disadvantage when attempting td, clinch etc. it s absurd that fighter is barely walking but he s somehow 100% fine for td or clinch
Old 04-29-2016, 06:43 AM   #14
Rookie

info0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshighwayman
clinch in this game needs to be reworked, it s too stationary, it disrupts flow of the match, it s really cheap way combined with lag how to win with zero effort, failed takedowns are punished by 100% stamina drain, clinch attempts aren't.

it might be good idea to kill turn based idea of clinch and make it like ground game, both fighters can do their transitions and interrupt by punches/elbows whatever should be toned down

also fighters in health events should have disadvantage when attempting td, clinch etc. it s absurd that fighter is barely walking but he s somehow 100% fine for td or clinch

Well the pace of the game is wrong in the first place. It's like you're fighting in the mud. Compare vids of UFC2 from EA and UFC Undisputed 2010 from THQ. THQ game was more "realistically" paced and you could "feel" the power of shots through the screen. Something you miss in EA game.

Eh, good old days. Though I won't say this game was perfect either (no game is).
Old 04-29-2016, 06:56 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
failed takedowns are punished by 100% stamina drain, clinch attempts aren't.
Which is a bloody terrible design flaw , a failed takedown draining 100% of a wrestlers stamina ... good grief ...

Quote:

Yeah because it's not as if we've never seen a rocked opponent get a TD and recover because the aggressor got too aggressive. They've already got their stamina down to absurdly low levels when rocked so if you get taken down or clinched it's because you didn't defend
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 07:41 AM   #16
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by info0
Well the pace of the game is wrong in the first place. It's like you're fighting in the mud. Compare vids of UFC2 from EA and UFC Undisputed 2010 from THQ. THQ game was more "realistically" paced and you could "feel" the power of shots through the screen. Something you miss in EA game.

Eh, good old days. Though I won't say this game was perfect either (no game is).
I couldn't disagree more. Undisputed was not realistically paced....at all. Most fights consisted of your opponent sprinting (yes, literally sprinting) across the octagon like Hussain bolt folooked by a barrage of 13 hooks and uppercut. The game was literally as arcade as they come--every one of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »