Home

Sprawl Death Trap

This is a discussion on Sprawl Death Trap within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 02:10 PM   #1
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Sprawl Death Trap

In another thread someone had explained how to reverse the stand up from sprawl into a 2 gate guillotine.

I gotta say.. WOW... this breaks this position in half.

It's so easy to hold someone in sprawl; there's only 3 options- each with a HUGE tell, and a huge window to deny. You can literally just hold someone there till they have no stamina, and wait for them to try and stand, then shoot the guillotine.

I finished sooo many doods with this online last night. It literally feels like if I get sprawl now, it's game over.

Feels suuuuper broken.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Re: Sprawl Death Trap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
In another thread someone had explained how to reverse the stand up from sprawl into a 2 gate guillotine.

I gotta say.. WOW... this breaks this position in half.

It's so easy to hold someone in sprawl; there's only 3 options- each with a HUGE tell, and a huge window to deny. You can literally just hold someone there till they have no stamina, and wait for them to try and stand, then shoot the guillotine.

I finished sooo many doods with this online last night. It literally feels like if i get sprawl now, it's game over.

Feels suuuuper broken.
I rather just go to half guard, then go to side control, instead of trying to getup from sprawl.

I'm always trying to get ppl to take to me to ground, even if I get punched for a few mins.

A sweep is always on my mine.

BTW the sprawl with good players can be a death trap!
Old 05-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I rather just go to half guard, then go to side control, instead of trying to getup from sprawl.

I'm always trying to get ppl to take to me to ground, even if I get punched for a few mins.

A sweep is always on my mine.

BTW the sprawl with good players can be a death trap!
Yep, half guard is the move.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

UFC 1 --- there wasn't even a sprawl for months post-launch!!!

Can you imagine that? lmao

We've come a far way

I love the fact that Sprawl can be a death trap; maybe that will teach you to be more careful with your takedown attempts!!!

(That said...takedowns *from standing* (as opposed to from clinch) are quite underpowered right now....)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 05-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #5
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

^^This^^

You have to be EXTREMELY careful with takedown attempts. They are sooo underpowered and easy to deny. Even with fighter who has low takedown defense. I pretty much only go for takedowns from the clinch at this point.

This is one area where I don't think stats play a big enough role. One of my CAF's has maxed out takedowns, yet against a boxer in UT with average TD defense I still get denied when they have no stamina. There is a lot of inconsistency in this game.

PS4- zappaforever

Last edited by norml; 05-02-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
^^This^^

You have to be EXTREMELY careful with takedown attempts. They are sooo underpowered and easy to deny. Even with fighter who has low takedown defense. I pretty much only go for takedowns from the clinch at this point.

This is one area where I don't think stats play a big enough role. One of my CAF's has maxed out takedowns, yet against a boxer in UT with average TD defense I still get denied when they have no stamina. There is a lot of inconsistency in this game.
I definitely agree that Stats, and just as importantly (if not more so) Stamina --- need to be a much bigger part of the equation!

I do know that GPD confirmed that the takedown from Single Collar is OP --- the meter begins to fill BEFORE animation begins --- and they will be fixing that. So takedowns from the clinch will now be more difficult, I suspect.

I'm very happy they'll be fixing this particular issue --- no reason for the meter to fill up before animation starts! --- but at the same time, I hope they re-tool the takedown mechanics. Way too hard to score TDs at this rate. And I'm a boxer, generally!!! So this would not help me! lol But I'm all about a realistic game rather than just making it so I win easier
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 05-02-2016, 03:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
I definitely agree that Stats, and just as importantly (if not more so) Stamina --- need to be a much bigger part of the equation!

I do know that GPD confirmed that the takedown from Single Collar is OP --- the meter begins to fill BEFORE animation begins --- and they will be fixing that. So takedowns from the clinch will now be more difficult, I suspect.

I'm very happy they'll be fixing this particular issue --- no reason for the meter to fill up before animation starts! --- but at the same time, I hope they re-tool the takedown mechanics. Way too hard to score TDs at this rate. And I'm a boxer, generally!!! So this would not help me! lol But I'm all about a realistic game rather than just making it so I win easier
This isn't a sim though. Not sure they need to fix anything, besides the meter. It plays just like an arcade brawler should.

The problem most have with the game, including myself, is that we act as if we special ordered the game for just us and think about changes based on this. EA never said it's a sim(although their slogan would seem to imply...) so saying they need to change this or that to make it more realistic is just the wants of the individual and not EA.

I would love a realistic or sim game, but this isn't it. When we start to think about changes for an arcade game instead of a simulation game we might be able to salvage this version of EA UFC and make it something semi-fun.

Modifying an arcade game into a sim is a bad idea, will never work. Let's just worry about making a great arcade brawler that plays smooth with little rest holds.

Last edited by TheLostHighway; 05-02-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:55 PM   #8
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostHighway
This isn't a sim though. Not sure they need to fix anything, besides the meter. It plays just like an arcade brawler should.

The problem most have with the game, including myself, is that we act as if we special ordered the game for just us and think about changes based on this. EA never said it's a sim(although their slogan would seem to imply...) so saying they need to change this or that to make it more realistic is just the wants of the individual and not EA.

I would love a realistic or sim game, but this isn't it. When we start to think about changes for an arcade game instead of a simulation game we might be able to salvage this version of EA UFC and make it something semi-fun.

Modifying an arcade game into a sim is a bad idea, will never work. Let's just worry about making a great arcade brawler that plays smooth with little rest holds.
Arcade or sim, it doesn't matter, the game needs to be balanced. Right now it is tilted heavily in favor of standup.

PS4- zappaforever

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »