Home

Why do stunned opponents always end up in back side control?

This is a discussion on Why do stunned opponents always end up in back side control? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why do stunned opponents always end up in back side control?

After a successful block your ability to get out is increased.

Always try to get to side control because it is faster than the full guard... slower transition = another strike to your head

If you get knocked out after 1 punch (before you can transition out) then just consider the fact that the fight would have ended shortly for you anyway.

I still like the "EA MMA" version of being rocked... where the bottom fighter had the option to move their head left/right to avoid shots and get up... i have no idea why they removed that
Old 05-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #10
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_rap
After a successful block your ability to get out is increased.

Always try to get to side control because it is faster than the full guard... slower transition = another strike to your head

If you get knocked out after 1 punch (before you can transition out) then just consider the fact that the fight would have ended shortly for you anyway.

I still like the "EA MMA" version of being rocked... where the bottom fighter had the option to move their head left/right to avoid shots and get up... i have no idea why they removed that
yup I definitely agree

Certainly wasn't a 'perfect' finish the fight mechanic by any means, but more than just button mashing / stick thrashing to try and stand up lol

Usually --- if your head isn't bright pink --- you can survive back side control, block 2 or 3 strikes, and roll to full guard or side control without much of a problem. But be careful lol
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 05-03-2016, 12:47 PM   #11
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
It's extremely annoying. It's like this game is set up and has strict parameters and if you know them you can make them happen over and over again. No fluidity and randomness.
Very true.

I went on a streak of back Suplex KOs with Khabib, by manipulating transitions to get an easy Suplex KO.

I would just hold them in Side Control, and either wait for them to roll over, or move to North South, and wait for them to roll into Sprawl.

Once there, deny a transition, and move into Back Side. Once in Back Side Control, you just time a punch or 2 when they transition, and deny a few transitions.

Get their head red, and them with little stamina. Now just deny transitions until they try to stand into Back Clinch, now just do a modified slam, and there you go, Suplex KO.

I've done this so many times it's almost not fun anymore.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 05-03-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 02:57 PM   #12
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Very true.

I went on a streak of back Suplex KOs with Khabib, by manipulating transitions to get an easy Suplex KO.

I would just hold them in Side Control, and either wait for them to roll over, or move to North South, and wait for them to roll into Sprawl.

Once there, deny a transition, and move into Back Side. Once in Back Side Control, you just time a punch or 2 when they transition, and deny a few transitions.

Get their head red, and them with little stamina. Now just deny transitions until they try to stand into Back Clinch, now just do a modified slam, and there you go, Suplex KO.

I've done this so many times it's almost not fun anymore.
'ALMOST' not fun anymore....

That's a legit KO in my opinion --- much harder to pull off than simply GnP them from back side control

i've only gotten one 'live' slam KO (against a person as opposed to against CPU/etc.) --- it was pretty awesome I'll admit
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 05-03-2016, 03:34 PM   #13
Pro

It does suck especially if you're not a boxer, get I that position with a bjj and its over. No point blocking, even when they hit your arm you're out.. And if you do make it to side control one quick elbow and you're out..
Old 05-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #14
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

You don't.

And when you do, you can roll to side control or fake spam the sweep, to prevent a KO.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:03 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
You don't.

And when you do, you can roll to side control or fake spam the sweep, to prevent a KO.
This is right. I can't remember the last time I was finished via GnP post-getting dropped. If you transition quickly, you can avoid shots entirely and make it to sprawl with relative ease.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 11:33 AM   #16
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hmega
This is right. I can't remember the last time I was finished via GnP post-getting dropped. If you transition quickly, you can avoid shots entirely and make it to sprawl with relative ease.
Unless someone (me) is waiting for you to transition to full guard, deny you, then keep beating you down haha jk jk

But yea going to side control is your 'guaranteed bet' of getting out of this....of course, you better get your *** moving after you get into side control, only takes a couple elbows to finish you off sometimes, not to mention they might be going for side saddle/crucifix/full mount pretty quickly

I think the position itself is pretty balanced --- but as noted before, definitely need to work on Finish The Fight for future installments, should be a major priority like Ground Game was for UFC 2
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »