Home

AI on Normal is WAY better than Hard or Pro

This is a discussion on AI on Normal is WAY better than Hard or Pro within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2016, 02:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AI on Normal is WAY better than Hard or Pro

So after a lot of testing with hard and Pro I determined that 0ro mismanages stamina to bad and hard was more challenging but still not enough. I decided to drop down to Normal jist to check it and low and behold I lost three career matches in a row STANDING. I then checked Normal on fight now and same thing. Ai manages stam8na well, blocks and is still very effective on the ground. Everybody try it and tell me if you agree. I did not think to try normal but I am glad I did. Apparently the ai changes really hoosted normal difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2016, 03:04 AM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: AI on Normal is WAY better than Hard or Pro

Just tried it and has fun during the fight. My opponent (cyborg) depleted stamina a couple times but recovered quick. Noticed she did takedown and clinch a couple times when stamina was completely depleted.

I used Holm , thought it was fun enough. Certainly wasn't extremely hard. When I played on pro the ai parried a lot.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:59 AM   #3
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Just tried it and has fun during the fight. My opponent (cyborg) depleted stamina a couple times but recovered quick. Noticed she did takedown and clinch a couple times when stamina was completely depleted.

I used Holm , thought it was fun enough. Certainly wasn't extremely hard. When I played on pro the ai parried a lot.
The parries and OP ground game is what ruins it for me on the harder options than Normal so I choose normal.

I wish Skynet would state which mode is supposed to be the realistic one. Like for example if I wanna straight up fight Jon Jones, THE Jon Jones that the game can offer and pick for myself someone like Ryan Bader, I want him to beat me like 8/10 times, which mode to I choose for that as long as he fights realistically? Is there a mode like that? that's the important question right now in terms of AI imo

We need to balance the realism, fighting likeness and difficulty.

Then there might be a reason to play the pretty much empty career mode no one plays
Old 05-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #4
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Yh it just parries too much imo.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:49 PM   #5
MVP

Trillz's Arena

the only way the ai can be good stand up is if they parry, seems like skynet cant sort out the stamina problem with them shooting with no stamina or depleting and still throwing strikes, they should be backing away and side stepping away from until they reach a certain amount of stamina. i feel the grappling is fine on pro its just the stand up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2016, 05:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Yes i suspected a month ago that normal was better than pro and after acouple of hours on normal last night i think normal is better than ever.
I lost 3 matches on normal against Rousey and Anthony Johnson,i did knock out Rousey with a flash KO elbow with Zingano very early the first time then the following two times i couldn't beat her,she would get me down and i saw 2 different submissions and transisitions which i have never seen before.

I have seen different moves and transistions with other fighters that i have never seen before.

But what i cannot understand is Skynet said he didn't change any other difficulty other than PRO which is crazy or is it the other gameplay tweaks he did that has changed things. Also i believe PRO is a lot better than it was no question, the AI is defending itself better when rocked.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:00 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Hmm.....I need to do more testing but the initial results were OK.

Fight 1: Fought Glover with Maldonado - I KOd the AI in the 3rd.

Fight 2: Fought Also with Oliveria - Lost by decision (I feel like I dominated him on the feet and they gave Jose the decision because of takedowns)

Fight 3: Fought Melendez with Duffy - AI Ko'd me in the first.

It doesnt feel that much different than Hard to me but that KO in the 3rd fight has me interested to see more.

I'm gonna run a test card either today or tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:53 AM   #8
Rookie

So... you guys are claiming that difficulty doesn't do anything?

Agree with the need for a difficulty that is so hard you lose most of the times. That being said I do get my *** kicked sometimes by fighters with better stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »