Home

Double Underhooks --- too EASY to Escape??

This is a discussion on Double Underhooks --- too EASY to Escape?? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2016, 09:37 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Double Underhooks --- too EASY to Escape??

Double Underhooks should be one of the most dominant/controlling positions in all of the game.

But, to me at least, it seems to be a pretty tough position to hold.

Compare it to the other clinch positions:

* MT --- very easy to hold either via denials, or strikes

* SC --- pretty easy to hold via denial or strike; slightly harder to hold than MT

* Over/Under --- pretty difficult to hold this position since there aren't (many) legit striking options. However, denial window is relatively large so if you are patient and have good reactions, you can deny transitions somewhat easy

* DoubleUnder --- probably the most difficult clinch position to maintain. Which doesn't make sense at all, since it should be the most dominant! There are almost no striking options to stop transition (am I missing something here?? Maybe I need to practice more lol) --- and, it seems to me at least, the denial windows for Double Under are SMALLER than Over Under!

What do you guys think?

Over the weekend during the Live Event I began to use double under more often (either for takedowns; or to transition to back clinch, etc) --- mostly b/c people are always on the lookout for MT clinch --- but found it to be pretty damn hard to HOLD the position. It's like as soon as I get to Double Under, I HAVE TO MOVE ASAP either for a TD or for back clinch or for Thai...very very hard to take a breather there.

And no I don't mean hold someone there for 20 seconds to stall out...I mean just for a couple seconds

thoughts?? I feel that double under should have the biggest denial windows out there. Or at least, equal to over under. Am I imagining things here ??

Don't you think Double Under should be the most controlling position? Or at least equal to the other clinch positions?

I'm going to mess around in practice mode some more maybe I'm missing something but...I just feel that double under is a bit underpowered especially compared to MT....MT has control AND damage; Double Under....no damage....low control...I think it needs a slight boost to the denial window

FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 05-16-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 02:04 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Double Underhooks --- too EASY to Escape??

I try all the time to hold the double underhook clinch position and fail miserably. I think EA really needs to take a look at tuning the denial window.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:12 AM   #3
Banned

its easy if you know which side you're facing. if ur on the left side and u double under someone against the right side cage, then denying is easy cause left is close arms and right is far arms. then u can keep them trapped there for hours.

only works on nubs tho cuz feint transitions ...,
Old 05-17-2016, 02:26 AM   #4
Rookie

Yeah it's very hard to read the animation to deny in double under. But people usual try to break like 90 percent of the time so I usually knee them in the body a couple of times and look to deny the break gain GA and throw them or transition to Thai depending on stamina.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:45 AM   #5
Banned

Or you could stand and bang like a man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 06:11 AM   #6
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

MT is far too easy.

DU should be easy, bodylock needs added
Old 05-17-2016, 09:09 AM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
Or you could stand and bang like a man.
lol I'm one of the best strikers (definitely one of the best boxers) in the whole game; I love to stand and bang

(I could make a your momma joke here but i'll leave that be)

clinch and ground are extremely important --- even if you simply want to be good at defense, so you can escape and BANG some more, you need to be good at all these positions

I finish about 75% of my fights standing (or via TKO GnP at the end of course) --- 25% clinch/GnP/Decision

I asked GPD to take a look at this thread on twitter hopefully he will. I just think there needs to be a 10% or 20% increase (small, but noticeable) to the denial window of double under

I'm gonna try and practice this position a bit more before the 2nd qualifier over memorial day, see what I can come up with, I'm sure I'm not PERFECT in double unders...but I'm not perfect in over/under, either, and have much more control in that position it seems (when really it's almost a neutral position, while double unders is a dominant)
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 05-19-2016, 11:38 AM   #8
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

wanted to bump this thread; usually I don't bump threads but I think this is an important discussion and hope to get some of y'alls thoughts (especially GPD and/or GCers)
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »