Home

is it just me or combo multiplier turned standup into turn based mind game

This is a discussion on is it just me or combo multiplier turned standup into turn based mind game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2016, 01:15 PM   #17
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: is it just me or combo multiplier turned standup into turn based mind game

Parry spam, combo spam.... That isn't spam, that is being too predictable on offense (parried a lot) and defense (getting hit with combinations) spam is when someone is doing the same action i.e. Back fist x5 with no stamina loss or attempting clinch 5x and landing on the sixth. To make the damage and number of hits thrown even, they should put a bigger penalty on stamina when throwing longer combos. (Damage is the same, just reduces the number of people going for 5+ hit combos)
Old 05-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #18
MVP

parry spam its what u just wrote... guy parry all the time until it works... some guys just have good reflexes doesnt need the other guy to be predictable
Old 05-19-2016, 02:52 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson91
I hate the combo multiplier with a passion.
I agree Iverson, but I'd have to go one step further and say I hate the parry more. It breaks all immersion for me.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #20
Banned

Why doesn't the combo multiplier work with double jabs? Throwing a jab first is useless in this game, has no stun effect what so ever
Old 05-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #21
Banned

Icon13 Re: is it just me or combo multiplier turned standup into turn based mind game

I dont think so bro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #22
Banned

How many damn posts do I need to make my own thread
Old 05-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #23
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Yoooo. So this is definitely a thing. Just last night I faced a guy who was throwing these extremely awkward combos, and it was extremely effective...

straight - lead body kick - straight - body jab - leg kick - jab - leg kick -straight - lead body kick - head kick

Just the most awkward combinations, but somehow this guy was throwing like 10+ hit combinations without using any stamina, and was just eating me up.

And I wasn't walking into it either, I play with a ton of movement. Some people would probably even call me a runner. These awkward combinations are just super hard to effectively block, and almost everything has some sort of hit stun. This is definitely a thing people are starting to do.
Unfortunately the game rewards and therefore encourages unrealistic combos. Doesn't help when YouTube is now littered with the "best combos". Most if not all nothing remotely close to actual MMA
Old 05-21-2016, 12:39 PM   #24
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Personally i don't have an issue with combos doing more damage.But i do have an issue,with combos stunning the opponent and making him stop blocking/moving,breaking the fluidity of the game.

I also have an issue with normal strikes being useless,both in their damage and in their ability to land.

One of the biggest mistakes they made with this game's design is to take away the auto-lunge that each strike had in EA UFC 1 and replace it with the stun mechanic,that everyone complains about.

The stun mechanic feels rushed and put there in order to make the stand-up a bit bearable,but it simultaneously ruins it.They took away the auto-lunge and realised that their animations on their own are hard to land,so they replaced the lunge with stun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »