Home

Does COMBO multiplier work in Clinch/Ground?

This is a discussion on Does COMBO multiplier work in Clinch/Ground? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2016, 08:10 PM   #17
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does COMBO multiplier work in Clinch/Ground?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I don't disagree.

I expected this to be one of the top complaints during the beta. I was fully expecting the change the full mount arm traps.

Then nothing.

No complaints.

In fact the opposite.

The early feedback after launch was that mount was OP.

So I didn't dare change anything about arm traps, even though I still expected the feedback to roll in eventually.

I guess we're there now?

I think it's a function of people getting better at them.

But mount is not something the change lightly...
Man I wish I could record again or put you tube videos up to show you, but the full mount is not OP and you can escape it with out even a arm trap or hip bump. Also there is a pattern to get out of full mount when someone is throwing strikes. Just wait for 3 punches then transition out. Works every time, something about throwing 3 strikes then transition to your right and your free.

Hip Bump + Arm Trap + Just easy to get out of full mount = Bottom guy has to many options and is OP.

People who are not good at the ground won't even come close to agree, but it's the truth once you mastered the ground and can pull off crazy fakes and deny a lot if there's no lag.

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 05-17-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:10 PM   #18
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
One last thing...

I know I can't talk about the frames and secs it takes for the game to register and all the detail stuff Sugata put, but I've played well over 1,400 online games and I will bet my money that probaly about 700 of those have came from win/tko from the full mount.

I'm a ground guy and trust me I've seen so many scenarios were the arm trap is so OP and just a bad mechanic to have from full mount.

Sure other postions on the ground the arm trap is ok but full mount it's so OP with or without stamina it's not even funny and really frustrating beating down someone when there head is all red rdy to be Koed with no stamina, to then get a arm trap and drain all of my stamina or sweep me.
Arm trap problem ca easy be fixed like Parry problem was (now parry OP is not a problem))

I said before how to fix Arm trap in my point of view.
But may be we dont know some details, that only GPD knows (we players may to know it only by empirical way and with frames (1/60 sec) it will be very difficult, so for now:
1) is Arm trap window dynamically changes?

2) On what factors it depends on?

3) are there any difference in window between different positions?

may be answers will teach us how to cook Arm trap right =)

P.S. Please tell me what is "Hip bump" and how to do it?

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-17-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #19
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Man I wish I could record again or put you tube videos up to show you, but the full mount is not OP and you can escape it with out even a arm trap or hip bump. Also there is a pattern to get out of full mount when someone is throwing strikes. Just wait for 3 punches then transition out. Works every time, something about throwing 3 strikes then transition to your right and your free.

Hip Bump + Arm Trap + Just easy to get out of full mount = Bottom guy has to many options and is OP.

People who are not good at the ground won't even come close to agree, but it's the truth once you mastered the ground and can pull of crazy fakes and deny a lot if there's no lag.
Of course it's not OP now, it got nerfed what, three times in a row?
Old 05-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #20

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Arm trap problem ca easy be fixed like Parry problem was (now parry OP is not a problem))

I said before how to fix Arm trap in my point of view.
But may be we dont know some details, that only GPD knows (we players may to know it only by empirical way and with frames (1/60 sec) it will be very difficult, so for now:
1) is Arm trap window dynamically changes?

2) On what factors it depends on?

3) are there any difference in window between different positions?

may be answers will teach us how to cook Arm trap right =)
I agree dynamic arm trap window is the way to go.

Only reason it hasn't been done yet is because of the consistent feedback until recently that mount was OP.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #21

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:

Only reason it hasn't been done yet is because of the consistent feedback until recently that mount was OP.
Other option is to make the trap and roll only available under certain stamina/GA scenarios, and fall back on the hip bump for the rest.

That and dynamic windows gives all the freedom needed to nerf arm traps and keep them relevant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 08:17 PM   #22
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:

If it was me, i would just scrap it from full mount for UFC 3 and just keep it for the other spots it's in.

I think this way it's a win win for everyone and this way we don't see the arm trap every game 3 and 4 times a game. Seriously how many mma fights have you even seen a arm trap like this from full mount?

BTW I still love the game and now I'm ranked top 100 in UT and Ranked championship.

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 05-17-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:19 PM   #23

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
If it was me, i would just scrap it from full mount for UFC 3 and just keep it for the other spots it's in.

I think this way it's a win win for everyone and this way we don't see the arm trap every game 3 and 4 times a game. Seriously how many mma fights have you even seen a arm trap like this from fum mount?

BTW I still love the game and now I'm ranked top 100 in UT and Ranked championship.
I'd lean towards making only available when the DOM has low stamina, as an incentive to manage stamina when finishing someone, vs taking the risk when opponent is low on health.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:24 PM   #24
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Other option is to make the trap and roll only available under certain stamina/GA scenarios, and fall back on the hip bump for the rest.

That and dynamic windows gives all the freedom needed to nerf arm traps and keep them relevant.
If sub fighter mistimed his Arm trap attempt - he is getting clear hit. 4-5 clear hit and ko.
If he is blocking - he block will hold 5-6 hits and then breaks/stun.
Not all fighters has arm trap to arm trap position, the most has arm trap to non-posture up position returns.
So, i think Arm trap must to be available all the time, but it must to have dynamically changed window (with shortest window must to be 10 frames nearly a luck shot i.e. natural nearly unavaialble but still possible); window depends on stamina advantage, Grapple advantage (from blocked strikes and denials and other tools).

Otherwise with too strong arm trap nerf, Posture up will be OP. Dont forget that block is not so solid on sub FM. There always must to be a chance to survive but difficult chance.

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-17-2016 at 08:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »