Home

What have you learned playing LEC?

This is a discussion on What have you learned playing LEC? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

OVR: 0
What have you learned playing LEC?

I've learned that:
  • I have a ton of stuff to work on to get my game where I feel it should be.
  • Ranked players, for the most part, are a lot better at the game than UT players. Especially in the clinch and on the ground.
  • Decisions are kinda screwy with equalized stats. I rocked a guy, dropped him, and held him on the ground for a majority of the round and still lost the round on two judges cards. LOL
  • There are definitely levels to this ****. Guys like Kinetic, ZHunter, AFRoO, and DMart are definitely on that "other" level.
  • Playing exclusively in UT has definitely hurt me when it comes to playing with roster fighters. I will be using them a lot more from here on out.

Well, that's all I have for now. What have you learned?
Old 05-19-2016, 07:34 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: What have you learned playing LEC?

Lec actually feels way more like mma,even though it feels a lot like chess too. Depends who you play against. But since you play for prices it's way more tactical than any ultimate team match I've played so far where people are just spamming all they got.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:47 AM   #3
Banned

What I have learned most is how much I miss the old grappling mechanic, with equal stats and lag, it's really hard to mix up timing on the ground game, and the timing Windows for denial are a lot bigger than they are in UT. had a few "chess matches" which were just as boring as they could be in real life. Also I'm noticing a return of what seems like punch flick grappling happening again where I block on a punch on bottom and get denied from my transition almost instantly. Anyone else see this?
Old 05-19-2016, 09:41 AM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
I've learned that:
  • I have a ton of stuff to work on to get my game where I feel it should be.
  • Ranked players, for the most part, are a lot better at the game than UT players. Especially in the clinch and on the ground.
  • Decisions are kinda screwy with equalized stats. I rocked a guy, dropped him, and held him on the ground for a majority of the round and still lost the round on two judges cards. LOL
  • There are definitely levels to this ****. Guys like Kinetic, ZHunter, AFRoO, and DMart are definitely on that "other" level.
  • Playing exclusively in UT has definitely hurt me when it comes to playing with roster fighters. I will be using them a lot more from here on out.

Well, that's all I have for now. What have you learned?
* Equalized stats lead to some screwy imbalances (especially if you sprinkle in even a tiny bit of lag) --- really hope Devs will use this as an opportunity to find a couple places where they can iron out some kinks

* I finally learned how to kick. Seriously, before this event, I almost never threw a kick in UFC 2, UFC 1, or EA MMA. I was exclusively boxer/wrestler.

But a couple weeks ago I started toying with the occasional body kick to gain distance (since closing distance is a bitch in this game) --- and to deal with people who back dash/run/block head 100% of time. Still, I would only throw about 5 kicks per fight.

But during the LEC I said...screw it, let's give this kicking thing a chance lol...and ripped off about 15 wins straight, including over a guy who had beat me in ranked a couple weeks ago and who had relied 100% on back dash/high block/leg kicks. My new strategy totally countered him, it was a great feeling. I always knew I needed to learn to kick lol ---

I still am VERY judicious with my kicks, maybe throw 5 or 6 per round, almost all body kicks, no spinning crap either, and I don't exploit the damn 1-2 body jab to high kick garbage either lol

Mostly used when an opponent is coming at me --- guard is high and he'st rying to close distance; gets a kick to the liver; next time he comes in, he's a bit worried about that, so he aint ready for the uppercut coming right up the middle

really would love for individual strikes to do more damage in this game. I avoid the combo spam if at all possible; but that's just cuz I don't want to sell my soul lol

* Patience is key in clinch. I got a lot of clinch work in over LEC (mostly people clinching ME...) --- I definitely became more patient in the clinch. Now, sometimes you need to be QUICK and decisive; but a lot of the time in the clinch, let the fight come to you, feel that ZEN, don't get too tense or hyper or crazy

or something like that lol

LEC was fun hope they continue to support it throughout the summer and beyond!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 05-19-2016, 10:37 PM   #5
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

No reason to have 2 threads talking about the same thing.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ck-thread.html

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »