Home

When I have back side control my opponent can take my back..

This is a discussion on When I have back side control my opponent can take my back.. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2016, 02:11 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: When I have back side control my opponent can take my back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I don't agree with the reasoning, but thanks to GPD for answering. I don't know enough to say wether it's right or wrong.

It can be frustrating though. In the middle of transition to where I get dominant back side I know I want to stand up next. Normally I hear about establishing position on the ground before you try to strike or advance position, but I just want to stand up and not get into any grappling exchanges when I'm playing against someone like Rousey and I'm using Holm. If I'm able to move to the dominant back side position it really feels like my limbs would be free enough to jump up quickly.

I really feel I should be able to shoot up instantly, but I can accept it the way it is.
You should be able too. The reasoning is a crock of crap and shows how rigid the ground is. If my limbs are free, and I want to shoot up to my feet, I should be able too. This whole turn based having to deny first stuff is just crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2016, 02:25 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

Yeah, watching the back side control transition animations there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to stand up immediately, even at the beginning of the side control transition.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:42 AM   #27
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
You should be able too. The reasoning is a crock of crap and shows how rigid the ground is. If my limbs are free, and I want to shoot up to my feet, I should be able too. This whole turn based having to deny first stuff is just crap.
I wouldn't say the reasoning is crap, it's held up in all the cases I've looked at in the past.

I didn't get a chance yesterday, but I'll look at this particular animation next week and see if it makes sense and if anything can be done.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #28
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
It isn't turn based though. Fighters don't generally stand up when a fighter is transitioning below them. You can use momentum in certain cases like side control I believe. You end up in a different position than if you just let them transition. Usually a better one. That isn't turn based. Turn based last game, you had to wait for the animation to play out. This game, no.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:31 PM   #29
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
However i got his back we both had under 25% stamina, i went to stand up however his back side transistion overide my instant get up. The get up should always beat that transistion as nothing is holding you down, you have full control of his back with no limbs attached to him.
I agree. This is the way this specific position should work IMO.

If you're on top of someone in the back side position your opponent doesn't have a grip on you or anything. Regardless of stamina you should be able to stand up instantly without denying anything because your opponent has absolutely no control over you.

I understand what GameplayDevUFC meant and that makes sense in most positions, but in this one position specifically (back side) the fighter on bottom has no control whatsoever, so the getup should definitely be instantaneous.

Basically it should be the same as when you deny a takedown attempt and end up in the sprawl position. You can getup immediately because your opponent has no control over you. It should work the same way in the back side position.

Last edited by Webbington; 05-21-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #30
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
I agree. This is the way this specific position should work IMO.

If you're on top of someone in the back side position your opponent doesn't have a grip on you or anything. Regardless of stamina you should be able to stand up instantly without denying anything because your opponent has absolutely no control over you.

I understand what GameplayDevUFC meant and that makes sense in most positions, but in this one position specifically (back side) the fighter on bottom has no control whatsoever, so the getup should definitely be instantaneous.
I can buy this reasoning.

I'll look into what's involved in making an exception here.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #31
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

Just in case you missed it, I added a couple sentences to the end of the post.

Thanks for looking into it either way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2016, 03:45 PM   #32
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

Depends on the transition too though. Someone rolling towards you would easily be able to grab your leg if they just tried to stand up. Away, I could see them standing up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »