Home

Old 05-21-2016, 05:07 PM   #17
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Leg kicks

Funny, I always thought it was the other way around.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:39 PM   #18
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
This. Leg damage should last. It should ease up, but always remain pinkish/red, depending on the damage.
Exactly. If your taking hard leg kicks constantly, a certain amount of damage should stick. Also depending on the extent of the damage, your movement should start to slow down too. That way if you keep eating too many kicks, you will definitely be affected by it soon enough and eventually stopped. That's how it was in undisputed. I didn't like the idea of accumulative damage, but it made more sense when it came to leg damage. It shouldn't be easy to get a leg kick tko, but it should definitely be more possible.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:55 PM   #19
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
How often do you see them in real life though? Even Faber went 5 rounds against Aldo. They made the right changes. It was way too easy to keep someone in a health event during the beta. The thing about the leg kicks is exactly what is happening with striking right now. Jab/straight/body kick. You do so much damage, and can keep them in a health event as well. You can also put them in a body health event, and clinch them and knee the body to finish. They can block, but it doesn't matter. Bleed through will still finish them. I already see people complaining about this. Same thing would happen with the leg kicks. Only they won't be as easy to finish.

The situations I'm talking about are pretty extreme. Like I'm kicking the poop out of my opponents legs like crazy. I'll put it like this, in those matches i pretend like I'm Charlie Murphy and they are Rick James and I get freaking violent on their legs.

It can take a lot in this game to stop a fight.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabj24
I feel like the problem with leg kicks isn't the damage that they do but how fast people recover from them. Need match long injuries or something.
Yes, but those injuries should be (starting out anyway) much less severe than the current one.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:28 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Honestly I'm not happy with damage from leg kicks at the moment. Now I'm not saying that the beta had it right, but I think we can agree to meet somewhere in the middle.
Yeah I couldn't agree more. One of my favorite parts from the beta was being able to get a leg kick KO with Barbosa or Alvez. Now it's nearly impossible. In fact I have thrown/landed over 30 leg kicks, most after parries or counters, in 1 round alone and just made their leg a little pink.
I think that for most of the fighters on the roster, this is how it should be. Not many fighters possess the leg kicking technique/power to finish a fight with leg kicks. Well at least most fighters just don't utilize them as often. I'm sure ANY fighter given the right circumstances could bash another fighter into submission with leg kicks. But mainly the great Muey Thai fighters should for sure be able to end fights with leg kicks that are not checked, countered or blocked. Guys like Barbosa, Cerrone, Aldo, Barao, Alvez, Shogun, etc, etc... But yeah. They need to fix them. Otherwise, why did you put leg kick KO's in the game at all?
Oh and speaking of leg kicks/checking leg kicks... How about enough checked leg kicks AND.... You get Anderson Silva'd. The old "OH SNAP!!!!" treatment.
Broken legs from leg kick checks for those who may not have caught on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2016, 09:46 PM   #22
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Just got leg kick tko early in round 2 against online MacGregor using RDA, but it was after probably 8 orr 9 health events.

It's weird, I noticed whenever my opponent switches stances it seems like after hit stun he reverted back to normal stance automatically, allowing me to really punish his right leg.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:49 PM   #23
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Leg kicks been a problem in MMA games since forever. The problem with leg kicks.

1. Take too many to cause damage.

2. The CPU AI can still move around just as fast and even leg kick back like normal even if their leg is red.

3. Damage recovery from leg kicks and damage recovery in general is way too fast. If you ever get "hurt" in this game all you have do is walk backwards for 8 to 10 seconds and you will be good to go. Shouldn't be like that at all. If any part of your body is damaged, it should stay damage the entire fight.

I have had dozens of fights against the CPU where I leg kicked them over 100 times. Still no leg kick TKO. Hell I have hadn't a leg kick TKO at all since the beta against the CPU. During the beta I had 5 of them.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:17 PM   #24
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

this video says more about leg kicks than i ever could. i actually sent my opponent an apology message afterwords

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »