Home

Stand up, a hot mess.

This is a discussion on Stand up, a hot mess. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2016, 07:06 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Stand up, a hot mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
I guess we have a fundamental difference in the meaning of the word "good". It's painful to watch.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32

Lastly the damage system is infuriating. You can pick an opponent apart using single punches including power straights and clean head kicks for several rounds with the opponent never being in any imminent danger, but land one series of three body uppercuts and a head punch and the opponent is most likely toast. And for the cherry on top is the completely random rock system. You may land 20 clean kicks to the face doing little damage and then your opponent gets a rock from a random strike, or because of the forced delay to block.
^^^^^^^ THIS

ABSOLUTELY! This is absolutely infuriating. I've never been so frustrated with a game. I've put countless hours into it, but I'm already losing interest simply because of this particular aspect. The combo multiplier is absolutely ridiculous. I have been advocating for a realistic and progressive damage system where the overall accumulation of damage will finish your opponent.

I still respect flash KO's from perfect counter shots, but the combo multiplier is just stupid. There is no other way to describe it. I haven't played for about 3 days, and it was after a 5 round title fight defense in division 3. I statistically destroyed my opponent with nasty head kicks and power straight counters. Leg kicks. Whatever, you name it.

Then in round 5 he lands one of those ridiculous combos that cause like 4 hit stuns in a row where you are totally defenseless (you know the ones that are all over youtube) and it's lights out. I'm about to hang this game up. I really sincerely care about the success of this title, but the lack interest in ditching the combo multiplier system has made me lose hope for the most part.

Finishing a fight shouldn't be solely based on exploiting a few ridiculous combos. You shouldn't be able to get your *** kicked for 5 rounds and then finish me with a greater the 50% stamina/damage deficit with one of these constantly exploited "combo multipliers". That's my two cents.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
I can't pick my shots and throw a teep kick or rear leg kick at my opponent, cuz he will just get to hit me with free strikes. That's why ppl constantly throw modified strikes or combos. The game's striking promotes that type of playstyle.
Couldn't have said it better myself. We have an impressive amount of moves at our disposal, but they come with a warning label "use at own risk, some moves may leave you open for spammed combo multipliers after opponent walks through your strike. Physics may not apply in all circumstances"
Old 05-27-2016, 08:09 PM   #20
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Here's the main problem. The most vocal community by far are the dudes that take compete advantages of the horrible striking. They scream from the roof tops how wonderful it is because it's so easy for them to turtle and high block.

Striking is broken. Nearly everyone I know that was a good striker strikeri in ufc 1 would agree, dudes that were cabbage are striking in UFC 1 are loving this game and demanding the striking is best ever.

To reiterate, a lot of the gage changers are horrible at striking in the game, and a lot want the game to cater there needs. Some people widely considered top ten had the striking off a blue belt. This game currently caters to them. (Ea gamechangers, I didn't know you OS people)

Last edited by Dave_S; 05-27-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:59 PM   #21
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

I'm not in favor of the combo multiplier but it is what it is, learn how to use it to your advantage and hope like hell they have better striking without the bs combos in EA UFC 3. Getting hit with a combo is mainly your own mistake. Learn how to control the center of the octagon and you'll be able to walk outof a combination 95% of the time. If you are against the cage and you get wrecked by a combo there's no way for you to go but that's on you because you shouldn't be against the cage at all. I haven't had an instance yet where I dominated and get wrecked by one combo. I do agree they should take a page outof UFC UD 3's book regarding striking.

The grappling is a great concept, but as soon as a game has a slight delay it completely falls apart. Denies stop working, meters don't fill, etc. It just isn't very well catered towards online play. It also feels very turn based. It needs an overhaul. I'd rather have it where you could block transitions by just holding the direction of where they're going instead of having to time it. That way they can still go different directions but you don't need to think about delay unless you wanna reverse a transition. I kindof preferred UD3's grappling as it felt more like a chessmatch to me rather than fill this meter, wait three seconds, strike twice, deny, fill meter, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 09:07 PM   #22
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
I'm not in favor of the combo multiplier but it is what it is, learn how to use it to your advantage and hope like hell they have better striking without the bs combos in EA UFC 3. Getting hit with a combo is mainly your own mistake. Learn how to control the center of the octagon and you'll be able to walk outof a combination 95% of the time. If you are against the cage and you get wrecked by a combo there's no way for you to go but that's on you because you shouldn't be against the cage at all. I haven't had an instance yet where I dominated and get wrecked by one combo. I do agree they should take a page outof UFC UD 3's book regarding striking.

The grappling is a great concept, but as soon as a game has a slight delay it completely falls apart. Denies stop working, meters don't fill, etc. It just isn't very well catered towards online play. It also feels very turn based. It needs an overhaul. I'd rather have it where you could block transitions by just holding the direction of where they're going instead of having to time it. That way they can still go different directions but you don't need to think about delay unless you wanna reverse a transition. I kindof preferred UD3's grappling as it felt more like a chessmatch to me rather than fill this meter, wait three seconds, strike twice, deny, fill meter, etc.

It is what it is is not acceptable. Everyone that plays into it encourages ea and is part of the problem. Progressing through ranked I'm shocked how much the higher levels suck at striking but are amazing of taking advantage of exploits. Not everyone is that way, but a lot.

In one gamechangers"advance striking guide" he stressed abusing hit stun reaction and spamming back dash.

No wonder striking is the way it is
Old 05-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #23
Rookie

It doesn't feel like there is really any kind of range to me unless one fighter has a ridiculous reach advantage. It feels like you're either in the pocket or out of range altogether with nothing in between except a sliding body kick. If I have the reach advantage, I try to stay as far away as I can get but still be able to connect but most of the time I end up taking a few strikes if I go in for a jab. It ends up just being a brawl.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:50 PM   #24
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop

I had hoped after 18 months they would make the simplest of changes. Adjust permanent stamina drain to a more realistic sim like state. People don't want to play realistically. Fine. Force them too. I certainly won't be spending 90 bucks on the hopes there's no multiplier. On the hopes there's one strike stopping power. On the hopes there's a sim mode. I've supported the 1st two go around. But when I see a simple thing like moveset be so laughably off it tells me some of the ppl working on the game either aren't very knowledgeable or passionate about the sport. Have they fixed fighters that have elbow perks but don't throw elbows?
Sigh....

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »