Home

Snarky Moderators/ EA love affair

This is a discussion on Snarky Moderators/ EA love affair within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 08:02 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Snarky Moderators/ EA love affair

Well whichever way you wanna look at it I used to check the forums every day to see new posts/new threads and things were interesting and made me wanna engage.

Checked this morning same threads/same posts.

Those guys you banned Gucci, etc might have been a pain sometimes but at least they posted frequenly and kept things moving.

The day after a ufc event you can't even post about it/discuss it you have to wade over to a different section of the forum. Half the threads get moved. You go to reply to another only to see it's closed.

But I guess as judge Dredd said "I am the law."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 08:18 AM   #26
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth223
Well whichever way you wanna look at it I used to check the forums every day to see new posts/new threads and things were interesting and made me wanna engage.

Those guys you banned Gucci, etc might have been a pain sometimes but at least they posted frequenly and kept things moving.

The day after a ufc event you can't even post about it/discuss it you have to wade over to a different section of the forum. Half the threads get moved. You go to reply to another only to see it's closed.

New threads don't always mean new conversation. You can have quality, consistent and most importantly constructive conversation about the same topics in the same threads that are already open. Opening a new thread for a topic that is already covered only further buries helpful information that has already been stated, or questions that have already been answered.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 05-29-2016, 08:29 AM   #27
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
might have been a pain sometimes but at least they posted frequenly and kept things moving.
What is the point of it if it isn't constructive though? We can make all the threads we want, but they become pointless. You can do that other places. I'm glad it has slowed down. Makes people have to come up with good threads. Which is good. I'd rather read 5 threads of good discussions than a whole page of trash mixed in with good.

People think the mods are why it is slowing down, but it isn't. Look at Reddit. Look at EA's own channels for the game. Likes and re-Tweets are also down. The responses on their posts are down. Forums for the game have slowed down. This is nothing new. The only people who have a problem with it are the people who can't post constructively. Never could. People always forget that almost every single person that gets banned has been warned. When they get the ban, it is on them. They have posted the rules and warned people. They shouldn't have to be made to look like the bad guys when they are just doing what they have been doing for a long time now. They even let this place get pretty bad trying to accommodate us. That time is over.

Thank God.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:38 AM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

I dont totally understand that. If on Monday someone posts "I hate the Combo multiplier. EA Fix it", what's interesting about someone posting on Wednesday "The Combo Multiplier Sucks!!!."

Its the same point.

More likely than not is a post that is similar content than all the posts that were in the first post.

Thats why I laugh when people say "The EA forums were more active" because while thats technically true....most of that activity was trash. Its people posting the same threads over and over again or posting each one of their gripes in several individual posts.

I'll take the 10 active threads with constructive discussion here over the 30 new non-constructive threads at the EA forums.

As for Gucci, like I said activity doesnt equal being constructive. I know he was liked by some people but I'll take the constructive posts by the members that remain over his constant bashing. Shoot, he wasnt even sure how he felt about that game day to day. For example, the last patch came out and he thought the game was fixed and great. Two days later, he's posting about how the game was broken and the patch sucked.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:16 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont totally understand that. If on Monday someone posts "I hate the Combo multiplier. EA Fix it", what's interesting about someone posting on Wednesday "The Combo Multiplier Sucks!!!."

Its the same point.

More likely than not is a post that is similar content than all the posts that were in the first post.

Thats why I laugh when people say "The EA forums were more active" because while thats technically true....most of that activity was trash. Its people posting the same threads over and over again or posting each one of their gripes in several individual posts.

I'll take the 10 active threads with constructive discussion here over the 30 new non-constructive threads at the EA forums.

As for Gucci, like I said activity doesnt equal being constructive. I know he was liked by some people but I'll take the constructive posts by the members that remain over his constant bashing. Shoot, he wasnt even sure how he felt about that game day to day. For example, the last patch came out and he thought the game was fixed and great. Two days later, he's posting about how the game was broken and the patch sucked.
GUCCI had his issues but he used to contribute quite a bit. He identified several exploits in the the last game and this one. He also made several guides and how to posts. I would encourage others who are as good or better than GUCCI at the game to also create some how to guides and identify exploits to help the players like myself who benefit from the guides. On a side note the mods here are doing a stella, stella job at keeping everyone in line and ensuring all are in compliance with the TOS rules and regulations.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Its the same point.

Lol, that was Gucci alright.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:55 AM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainbyday1
GUCCI had his issues but he used to contribute quite a bit. He identified several exploits in the the last game and this one. He also made several guides and how to posts. I would encourage others who are as good or better than GUCCI at the game to also create some how to guides and identify exploits to help the players like myself who benefit from the guides. On a side note the mods here are doing a stella, stella job at keeping everyone in line and ensuring all are in compliance with the TOS rules and regulations.
I'll take your word for it but I didnt see it this past year. I started really spending time at the EA forums back in October and I didnt see any of that stuff especially when it came to UFC 2.

With that said, his banning should be over in like a few weeks so hopefully if he comes back he will be a constructive member of the site.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #32
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Lets face it. The old forum was WAY more active, WAY more fun, and felt WAY more like a "community" than this place.

It is what it is though.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »