Home

Main problem with this game

This is a discussion on Main problem with this game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 11:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Main problem with this game

There's not enough of a takedown threat. Therefore fights just become counter strike/parry fests. It's incredibly boring. And with no way to run towards your opponent it makes it impossible to close distance at times. I can't believe the developers had the Undisputed series plus their own set of games to set a foundation on and this is still an issue. It's so ridiculous. YOU STILL CAN'T CLOSE THE DISTANCE BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR OPPONENT BY RUNNING. MY God...We need REAL takedowns in this game seeing that it's a real part of MMA, the way the Undisputed series implemented it was perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 12:44 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Main problem with this game

I don't know why but it feels not only like the A.I. becomes Neo when rocked but also there seems to be a force field that won't let you within a certain distance for a few seconds...also this may be my controller but has anyone noticed an issue where you will go to press escape from a clinch and it automatically is going to the right before going up where you want it to? Confusing? I can post a video if needed.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:58 AM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I get takedowns all the time, just not against the best players, but I usually don't try against them.

I just time takedowns the exact same way I did in ufc 1 and it seems to be just as successful in this game
Old 06-02-2016, 05:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I get takedowns all the time, just not against the best players, but I usually don't try against them.

I just time takedowns the exact same way I did in ufc 1 and it seems to be just as successful in this game
Pretty much this. Takedowns against the top players are tough and requires you to time the shot directly after a kick or when they are backed up against the cage.
If I'm struggling to land a takedown go for a 2-1 roundhouse to the body. Go to the plum or single collar clinch. I'll say single collar as this is most common. Land one punch two knees to the body and then shoot the single from single collar. With the GA of the strikes the takedown is near impossible to stop. Give it a try next time you're having issues. Remember a lot of takedowns in MMA come from the clinch so make the most of it in-game. Just always throw at least 1 strike before attempting the takedown as otherwise it will be easy to stuff
Old 06-02-2016, 06:34 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChendez
Pretty much this. Takedowns against the top players are tough and requires you to time the shot directly after a kick or when they are backed up against the cage.
If I'm struggling to land a takedown go for a 2-1 roundhouse to the body. Go to the plum or single collar clinch. I'll say single collar as this is most common. Land one punch two knees to the body and then shoot the single from single collar. With the GA of the strikes the takedown is near impossible to stop. Give it a try next time you're having issues. Remember a lot of takedowns in MMA come from the clinch so make the most of it in-game. Just always throw at least 1 strike before attempting the takedown as otherwise it will be easy to stuff
My issue with the takedowns is that a wrestler/BJJ fighter should be able to take down boxers et all quite often.... in this game even guys with 99 standup with no stamina can deny both clinches and takedowns with ease... stamina should have much moe of a say
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 08:30 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S

Yeah I don't know what they're talking about I have no issue taking people down even if it's one of the cheesy runners

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2016, 08:32 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChendez
Won't work after patch. If you do single collar and punch to stop a transition it won't they'll have you in MT quick

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2016, 10:16 AM   #8
Pro

Some people have figured out ways around this, and when you run into them, you pray for the matches that are just kickboxing. The worst spam technique I've encountered and can't beat is getting trapped on the cage, clinch->punch/knee/transition/break -> immediately re-clinched before I can push away or circle off.... Rinse and repeat. Even when I get out it make for a boring *** match as I'm constantly defending this. Cage clinching spammers make 5 rounds a really long a boring 5 rounds. They are the worst

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »