Home

Denying Transition Fakes

This is a discussion on Denying Transition Fakes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Denying Transition Fakes

What is the logic behind this? How you can deny and reverse something that hasn't been committed to? Also how can you deny a fake without be preloaded on a block, which isn't supposed to be possible in this game? Am I missing something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 07:25 PM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: Denying Transition Fakes

I've never denied a fake, I was under impression in the past there was nothing to deny and it was a guessing game. After reading gpd post today I was wondering if he was talking about denying fake or the transition after fakes.

Maybe the in game tutorial explains this basic concept?
Old 06-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #3
Banned

They've always been useless for me anyway.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:29 PM   #4
Rookie

The only page I read about transition fakes is the http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ing-breakdown/ GPD guide.
Transition Fakes

There’s a very advanced technique used primarily to counter aggressive lay and pray techniques called transition fakes.

If your opponent is on top of you, denying every transition you attempt but making no effort to capitalize on the fact that he’s gaining stamina and grapple advantage and is just trying to hold you down, you can use transition fakes to try and earn back enough of a stamina advantage to escape.

Simply attempt a transition and immediately cancel it.

If your opponent denies your transition after you’ve cancelled, he will successful deny you and gain a bigger grapple advantage than normal, but incur a stamina penalty.

The grapple advantage bonus would give him an easier transition or submission attempt in the moment, but once the advantage times out, he’ll be exposed to a stamina disadvantage that you may be able to capitalize on.

If this pattern continues, you can widdle his stamina down so much while regaining yours, that you should be able to escape with ease.

The onus will then be on your lay and pray determined opponent to guess whether or not you’re faking your transition to avoid this in order to execute on his strategy.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:31 PM   #5
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I've never denied a fake, I was under impression in the past there was nothing to deny and it was a guessing game. After reading gpd post today I was wondering if he was talking about denying fake or the transition after fakes.

Maybe the in game tutorial explains this basic concept?
A fake is a transition start into the ready idle, followed by a cancel back to the neutral idle.

You can deny the transition start part of the fake, you cannot deny the cancel part of the fake.

Why can you deny or reverse a fake?

Because the denial and reversal are actions performed against the start.

The deny prevents the start from completing, forcing the transition back to the neutral idle.

The reversal uses the momentum of the start to reverse position.

The cancel has no such momentum.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »