Home

Constantly swaying should tax stamina

This is a discussion on Constantly swaying should tax stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 12:48 AM   #1
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Constantly swaying should tax stamina

You can lean back and hold that position a long time, without any stamina tax. That's not how it works in the real world. Avoiding head strikes is already op as all get, unless you play into the hit stun game, which I refuse to do.

Just my .02
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 02:41 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Constantly swaying should tax stamina

Well, as long as you're leaning back at least your stamina doesn't really refill.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:47 AM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Didn't notice that, every time I did that I had full stamina.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:12 AM   #4
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

The only thing sway needs is give it the ability to strike from it w/o returning to neutral, fix bug w dashes after quick sway input, decrease dead zone.

Sway freezes yr stamina recovery, plus back sway has dmg bonus on body strikes landed. It is ok.

Last edited by SUGATA; 06-12-2016 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
You can lean back and hold that position a long time, without any stamina tax. That's not how it works in the real world.
Just my .02
What do you mean this isn't how it works in the real world? Someone standing still and leaning back loses stamina in the real world?

I don't disagree with you point about improving defensive mechanics, but my argument is and always will be for developers to find ways that are realistic when coming up with new alternatives to tweaks. I don't think comments about a lean while standing being tiring, relative to all other movements in a fight, makes much sense.

Less easy arcade answers to problems that don't exist, and more input based on real life physics will end up being beneficial if any Devs pay attention to us, and ultimately rewarding to us in a more fulfilling game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 06:56 AM   #6
Rookie

Sways are fine. If your complaining about sways, you're probably not too good at them.

Please don't touch the sways. Sways are great for defensive tatics.

Last edited by scyth223; 06-12-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #7
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
What do you mean this isn't how it works in the real world? Someone standing still and leaning back loses stamina in the real world?

I don't disagree with you point about improving defensive mechanics, but my argument is and always will be for developers to find ways that are realistic when coming up with new alternatives to tweaks. I don't think comments about a lean while standing being tiring, relative to all other movements in a fight, makes much sense.

Less easy arcade answers to problems that don't exist, and more input based on real life physics will end up being beneficial if any Devs pay attention to us, and ultimately rewarding to us in a more fulfilling game
Leaving far back takes a lot more energy than standing up straight. It's not a natural position and you use core a lot.

I don't have a problem with sways, it just seemed funky to me that i could hold it straight backwards and avoid multiple head strikes or sway around like a goofball and not spend stamina.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Also I get where you guys are coming from, but it should cost stamina. It certainly does in real life. Currently stamina is an afterthought in this game.

I've come to the conclusion people that talk about how important stamina is in this game must have not played the first game.

My complaining about sways has zero to do ability to do them. They aren't hard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »