Home

When should we expect a new patch?

This is a discussion on When should we expect a new patch? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2016, 12:28 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: When should we expect a new patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I love the game. This is my biggest gripe with the game. It doesn't feel right. These looping combos have to go. Except for when you have someone damaged enough. It feels too arcade this way. Fighters will never have the same reaction every time from a combo.
Look dude it's a video game it will never live up to anyone's realistic expectations, you coming on here being sarcastic saying it has tekken combos is not helping, like I said if you don't like what the game has to offer simply don't play man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2016, 03:45 AM   #26
Rookie

They should really make it so it's a lot easier break from the clinch when ur clinched in the middle of the cage, up against the fence is fine but u really shouldn't be able to hold the clinch for as long as u can in the game when ur opponent has room to break out, break transitions should be fast and very hard to deny when ur back isn't on the fence, IMO. Maybe it'd help stop the constant clinchers a little, and force ppl to come forward more so they don't get trapped on the cage.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:49 AM   #27
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbillcutolo
Look dude it's a video game it will never live up to anyone's realistic expectations, you coming on here being sarcastic saying it has tekken combos is not helping, like I said if you don't like what the game has to offer simply don't play man
That is just how I describe the combos because that is what it reminds me of. These aren't unrealistic expectations. I've detailed what I would like to see. I've given constructive criticism about it. Even the top player for the game agrees that some combos are very hard to defend because of the hit stuns/reactions.

This is the biggest glaring issue to me. So I will say something about it. Like I said, I love this game. I wouldn't have bought it for both consoles on release if I didn't. This is by far the best MMA game to date, but it isn't perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
The issue is that it's very hard to deal with because of the massive hit stun the body kick gets just off of a jab multiplier ALONG with the 'safeness' of the strike.

If both players lead in with a jab, and the next strike thrown is a body kick vs.. Let's say an overhand, the body kick will either - land and interrupt ANY strike you tried to throw OR put your head slightly back so even if the overhand was faster it will still miss.

It's hard to put into writting but TLDR; body kicks carry far to much damage when used early in a combo. I found how strong body kicks were a long time before anyone else and tried not to use them a lot because I didn't want it to become a problem.

Another issue - it's the safest 50/50 in the game. In terms of 'racing' to a hit stun, the jab or straight, body kick will beat pretty much everything. Also, if someone sees you blocking low after a jab in anticipation for the kick, you get a free head kick. It's very hard to react to.

The problem is how easy it is to pull off the combo (it's only two strikes) vs how difficult it is to counter it. Fairly certain I have the best striking on both consoles and if I'm having issues countering it vs average players.. It's most likely a problem.

Edit - Countering / Defense for it is an issue. You can't head sway, you can't interrupt it by racing them to a hit stun, your only real choice is to block or parry. Parrying is too difficult on Xbox comparative to PS4 and slower strikes are HARDER to parry, when in reality it should be the opposite. Parrying a jab right now is easier than parrying a cage strike or any slow strike because of the timming windows.
When this guy thinks there is an issue, he is probably right.

Last edited by fishingtime; 06-17-2016 at 06:59 AM. Reason: added quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:57 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbillcutolo
The striking is terrible in this game. Yes! This is a just game but this game is based on the mma. It's very different from the arcade game like TAKKEN or MK. We need way more realistic gameplay than now. Current striking system? It's really far from realistic. Why we want to see realistic fighter modeling, animation, movement, etc?? It's exactly the same as the gameplay as the striking.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #29
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I have no problem with the combo multiplier. I suspect the reason it was put in the game was to reward smart strategic striking.

If single strikes did the same damage as combos you would have people running away spamming one strike the whole fight. The combo multiplier FORCES you to mix up your striking. I love Fight Night Champion but in that game ppl spammed the straight right or uppercut allllllll fight. There was no reward for setting up combos.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 06-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #30
Rookie

Don't change the MT entry, it's fine how it is. It should by easier to deny, make the window a bit taller, but leave the MT clinch. It's one of the few methods to punish guys that are constantly running away and/or keep fighting with their backs on the fence.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #31
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I have no problem with the combo multiplier. I suspect the reason it was put in the game was to reward smart strategic striking.

If single strikes did the same damage as combos you would have people running away spamming one strike the whole fight. The combo multiplier FORCES you to mix up your striking. I love Fight Night Champion but in that game ppl spammed the straight right or uppercut allllllll fight. There was no reward for setting up combos.
Never mentioned the combo multiplier. Even have said on many occasions that the multiplier isn't the problem. The multiplier is how we accumulate damage. If it wasn't in the game, most fights would go to a decision. My problem is with what a combo does. You can loop people to where they can't block. Hence the reason for so many believing the striking is too arcade. It is the hit stuns/reactions that create this. The combo multiplier adds to it, but the multiplier was in the first game, so....... Sad to say it, but I actually think the striking in the first game was better. Strikes threw off the trajectory like it should, etc. The weak block was the issue there. Plus, the clinch wasn't really viable.

I don't mind hit stuns as much as the major hit reactions. You can get one on your second strike in a combo. So that isn't the multiplier alone. These huge reactions though won't let you block. So you can do some really unrealistic combos to set these up.

I highly doubt they will fix the hit reactions though this game. We might have to wait for the next one before that can be adjusted properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #32
Pro

Except there's nothing realistic to even suggest the Thai clinch entry against the cage represents the sport. You're already at a grapple disadvantage for running the track and putting your back against the cage even if it's a real tactic used by fighters like Anderson Silva and Tyron Woodley. That's enough of an advantage even if statistics show takedown percentage actually drops against the cage. Thai clinch cage entry is cheap even if you have an opponent who doesn't engage which should be replaced with over/under.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »