Home

So i hadn't played ranked in a while... Is Ranked turning into Casual or smth?

This is a discussion on So i hadn't played ranked in a while... Is Ranked turning into Casual or smth? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2016, 01:38 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
So i hadn't played ranked in a while... Is Ranked turning into Casual or smth?

I Consider myself an EA SPORTS UFC 1 vet as i have over 2-3k games on that game and it's the reason i bought my PS4 last summer until Uncharted 4 got released.

As far as EA SPORTS UFC 2 goes,

90% of my games are quick match/casual games, due to the game's current state and unreliability it brings in ranked games.

1% of my games used to be UT when i first bought the game, haven't played UT in over 1-2 months now.

9% of my games are ranked.

I usually play at least 1-3 hours of EA SPORTS UFC 2 per day ever since the game got released, so i guess i am better than your average player.

On ranked i am DIV 6 and my stats are currently these: http://imgur.com/zZhtyzy

I hadn't played Ranked in over a month now and one thing that confused me, is how much more casuals and low skilled players play on ranked instead of quick match.

Another thing that confused me is that the game put me as a champ,to fight against a DIV 3 Mike Tyson champ,who needless to say,got submitted in the first min then messaged me calling me names because i took the fight to the ground... Another guy who was DIV 6 and had Joe Rogan on a championship 5 round fight. At first i thought, okay those guys might have a challenge to play as those fighters, so they want to get the points to rank up, but this Joe Rogan and Mike Tyson i played against,both ragequited on me, after KOing Rogan and Submitting Tyson.

I mean who does that? Div 6,picks Joe Rogan on Title Fight and ragequits the momment he is KO'ed?

What the hell is going on with ranked? I thought high skilled players are supposed to play there more seriously than your average casual game.

I thought on quick matches it was bad, when you took someone to the ground and imiddietly ragequited...

Quick match either you play vs a highly skilled opponent who will do everything to go to the decision if he has to or you will play vs someone who the momment you clinch or take him down,ragequits.Overall Ranked feels less skilled than Quick Match.

Those are my last 10 games on ranked: http://i.imgur.com/IMO94ww.jpg

And my last 3 games are all ragequiters...They ragequit the momment their stamina goes to 0 and i am on top of them with GSP or the momment they realise they can't do a single transition when i hold them down.

Am i the only one who thinks Ranked has turn into more of a Casual and Casual has more skilled players than ranked?

Last edited by manliest_Man; 06-15-2016 at 01:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 03:25 AM   #2
Pro

Re: So i hadn't played ranked in a while... Is Ranked turning into Casual or smth?

I may be able to give you an answer on two fronts here.

I'm pretty new, just got it about a month ago, but I have a family so I play a few times a week when i have time, then for a bit longer if I stay up and have energy after basketball playoffs or something.

I'm currently division 4. I got there by only playing ranked matches. Why? I had no idea quick matches were an option. Perhaps that may be some % of the novice behavior you notice in ranked. Casuals and low-rank may be in ranked match because they aren't aware of quick

As for rage quitting, I'm so sick of this. I enjoy working a few rounds to reduce stamina en route to s submission win. It pisses me off that people rage quit it you have them pinned, without stamin, and they know something is coming. It's nice EA has it figured out to award you with a win...

** However, more must be done to disincentivize quitting. It's one thing if the connection sucks and lag makes the play a waste of time. EA should more harshly penalize someone who quits when the connection was above some adequate level. This is measurable. How about the offender is put in time out for a certain amount of time, and only gets matches with similar offenders for a certain period of time until they've built their goodwill back into good standing?**
Old 06-15-2016, 04:55 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: So i hadn't played ranked in a while... Is Ranked turning into Casual or smth?

Maybe its just because you pick the best fighter everytime.

GSP and JJ I would quit aswell.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:24 AM   #4
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnysmallfeet
Maybe its just because you pick the best fighter everytime.

GSP and JJ I would quit aswell.

JJ on Heavyweight is not OP at all last time i checked..

GSP is pretty good,but there are lots of good opponents on his weightclass which makes games intresting.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
Rookie

I'm a casual who plays both ut and rank. I'm div 6 on both. I get my butt handed to me whenever I play but I never rage quit. I don't play unranked much because although I'm not a good player, I still have a good grasp on the game for a casual. So playing unranked isn't all that fun because it's not really that competitive. I usually only go in there to practice my striking or my take-down timing. So maybe the other casuals are playing ranked because it's more competitive, too. Plus you learn so much more from other players in ranked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 08:11 AM   #6
Pro

The one positive thing I've noticed once I found quick match is you get to fight more variety. I'm sick of playing insecure dbags who use JJ, Rockhold, Lawler, McGregor, GSP, and Johnson. I don't care what the excuse is, or even how beatable they are. It simply gets old. In unranked, people, every so often, actually try someone new
Old 06-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #7
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

I don't play much anymore. Those combos really eat at me when playing. If it feels this arcade, I just quit playing. Used to only be a few doing these combos. Now everyone does, and I feel like I might as well be playing with fireballs. Fun factor leaves the building for me.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
JJ on Heavyweight is not OP at all last time i checked..

GSP is pretty good,but there are lots of good opponents on his weightclass which makes games intresting.
Let you off on JJ

But GSP is by far the best fighter in WW.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »