Home

This was a glitch in the gameplay correct?

This is a discussion on This was a glitch in the gameplay correct? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #1
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
This was a glitch in the gameplay correct?

It looks like he is KO'd as well he should have been but ummm... He was not.

https://youtu.be/WRd_2c2uzAw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This was a glitch in the gameplay correct?

You can call it a glitch if you want. I think its more a general illogical thing about this game. I was NOT able to KO an Opponent from Rubber Guard in Training, although I smashed his head 5 rounds.
I think that there is no defensive ground position, that allows you to KO your opponent at all. Its more to gain GA from a defensive position. I would not even consider the "Rubber Guard" as a defensive position and you should be able to KO your opp at least from there.

But aren't you supposed to do your Omoplata anyway?
Old 06-22-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedRuffRaw
You can call it a glitch if you want. I think its more a general illogical thing about this game. I was NOT able to KO an Opponent from Rubber Guard in Training, although I smashed his head 5 rounds.
I think that there is no defensive ground position, that allows you to KO your opponent at all. Its more to gain GA from a defensive position. I would not even consider the "Rubber Guard" as a defensive position and you should be able to KO your opp at least from there.

But aren't you supposed to do your Omoplata anyway?
Hmmm that's interesting about the strikes from the defensive position not KOing someone. I figured the guy would have moved if he could have but he just got busted up. I just kept mashing the elbow on him because he tried to cheap shot me from the glove touch.

Haha I don't even have Omoplata equipped on this guy, I have just been cheddar cheese Flying Armbarring people to see how many controllers I can have broken in my name via Rage.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Oh isn't the flying armbar 3 Gates? I think that flying rear naked choke just needs 2. You have to get to the back of the opponent for it, but I recently got submitted twice by it. Cheescake factory.

I really don't know why there are positions were you're not beeing able to KO someone. OK, maybe from defensive full mount, side-saddle, side control etc its understandable. But Why I can't KO someone from offensive full mount/halfguard/fullguard while not posturing up, put get quick KO's on Side-Control?
Why is it not possible to KO someone from Single Collar?
There are some holes in this game which still needs to get fixed.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:35 PM   #5
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedRuffRaw
Oh isn't the flying armbar 3 Gates? I think that flying rear naked choke just needs 2. You have to get to the back of the opponent for it, but I recently got submitted twice by it. Cheescake factory.

I really don't know why there are positions were you're not beeing able to KO someone. OK, maybe from defensive full mount, side-saddle, side control etc its understandable. But Why I can't KO someone from offensive full mount/halfguard/fullguard while not posturing up, put get quick KO's on Side-Control?
Why is it not possible to KO someone from Single Collar?
There are some holes in this game which still needs to get fixed.
Flying Armbar is 2 Gates and it is dirty as hell. I almost feel bad using it. Actually nah I don't really.

Yeah Elbows from Full Guard or Rubber Guard and Single Collar should absolutely be KO-able positions.

GPD where are you
??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Flying Armbar from Dom MT is 2 gates.

Flying Armbar from Single Collar is 3 gates.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:51 PM   #7
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
Flying Armbar from Dom MT is 2 gates.

Flying Armbar from Single Collar is 3 gates.
Oh I don't mess with Single Collar one, just Thai Clinch.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Really, 2 Gates is a bad joke. If you had to hit at least a green gate for it, which could get denied, I could live with it. But 2 Gate Subs WITHOUT any nessesity to hit a green gate is a joke.
I almost feel that the 3 gate Kimura from is SC is a bit overpowered. But you have at least the chance to hit the green submission-chain gate, and if you do, you'll escape most of the times.
A submission is a real thread which ends fights, so it should not be easy as Cheezcake to pull them of.
So If a "Flying ** Submission" has to get lesser gates (anyone with real submission knowlege may clearify why this is the case, at it seems to me as an neutral observer that they should be harder to get), could they at least get a green chain to deny? It would make sense, in a way that you have to "transition" from clinch to the ground.

Last edited by RuggedRuffRaw; 06-22-2016 at 03:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »