Home

Submission reversals

This is a discussion on Submission reversals within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2016, 01:00 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Submission reversals

Posters above:

You hold L2 + Down as soon as their animation to grab your leg begins (not as the transition starts because that looks the same as the transition to sprawl) then just hold L2 + Down until you see your arm lock around their neck.

Because you can pre-empt this reversal by holding as soon as they go to grab the leg many high level players won't actually initiate the actual takedown as they know thye will be reversed which can result in a stalemate.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
Posters above:

You hold L2 + Down as soon as their animation to grab your leg begins (not as the transition starts because that looks the same as the transition to sprawl) then just hold L2 + Down until you see your arm lock around their neck.

Because you can pre-empt this reversal by holding as soon as they go to grab the leg many high level players won't actually initiate the actual takedown as they know thye will be reversed which can result in a stalemate.
Thanks for the help on this. Can you clarify one more thing? Either this patch or last, I remember something about a change which included L2+R2 and the block direction to get the submission reversal. Is this different altogether (if so, what is the difference), or is there no such thing as L2+R2 for a grapple block/reversal?
Old 06-30-2016, 01:31 PM   #19
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Thanks for the help on this. Can you clarify one more thing? Either this patch or last, I remember something about a change which included L2+R2 and the block direction to get the submission reversal. Is this different altogether (if so, what is the difference), or is there no such thing as L2+R2 for a grapple block/reversal?
L2+R2 is for reversing transitions. Reversing the takedowns is just L2.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
L2+R2 is for reversing transitions. Reversing the takedowns is just L2.
Oh ok, now I got it.

Last question on this. If I use L2+R2 and R stick to reverse sub a transition, can i still block the transition even if my timing is too late to get the reversal? Or is adding L2 a make or break decision as far as blocking transitions (i.e., you are either getting the submission reversal or nothing).

What I'm getting from this is that transition reversals can happen from half guard (passing to side control), or sprawl (escaping to standing clinch). On the other hand, similarly, but slightly different, you can reverse a take down with just L2 and R stick. The two get confused only because of the escape to single leg takedown animation which allows for a takedown reversal (L2+R stick down) rather than what might otherwise appear to be a transition submission reversal (which is actually is not)

Thanks, this is really helpful Haz, and whoever it was who answered previously. Really appreciate it.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:21 PM   #21
Rookie

Devs, can you please explain the game mechanics all in one place!!! I love this game, but the info on how to play it is so hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »