Home

IDEA: Can we have fighters like Anderson Silva/Rashad/Rampage in their prime?

This is a discussion on IDEA: Can we have fighters like Anderson Silva/Rashad/Rampage in their prime? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2016, 03:37 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
IDEA: Can we have fighters like Anderson Silva/Rashad/Rampage in their prime?

Just like we got young Mike Tyson in his prime and old Mike Tyson, i believe the game should also have some of those legends be playable in their prime, other fighters are BJ Penn, Shogan Rua, Vitor Belfort, Dan Henderson, Frank Mir, Noguiera brothers, Alistar Overeem, Johny Hendricks.

Anyone else feels this way?

P.S. Why was Wanderlei Silva/Brock Lesnar removed from the game, since the last EA SPORTS UFC 1 had them?

P.S. x2 Also the fighter select screen should be scraped and changed to something like Tekken/WWE, the current one is too laggy/buggy and too hard to get to the fighter you want.

P.S. x3 Also in the new UFC can we have some more Fighter costumization? Have different hairstyles/facial hair. Don't allow the hairstyles/facial hair to everyone. Have them buyable via DLC or unlockable after you play a certain fighter x ammount of times or maybe have challenges such as "KO Vitor Belfort with a front kick on Anderson Silva to unlock his beard facial hair"

Last edited by manliest_Man; 06-25-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: IDEA: Can we have fighters like Anderson Silva/Rashad/Rampage in their prime?

You don't think Andy is in his prime? I think Liddell is way above his prime.

Prime BJ at 145 really needs his stance redone to the twinkletoes stance.

Any other fighters besides Anderson? Luke who zero Cro Cop, Bigfoot, Arlovski?
Old 06-25-2016, 03:44 PM   #3
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Re: IDEA: Can we have fighters like Anderson Silva/Rashad/Rampage in their prime?

I would love a prime Suga not this crappy slow one we got for UFC 1 and 2.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Prime LHW Machida
Prime HW Overeem before failed test, he already has body for it.
Prime LHW EPO and micro-dosing Jones

the more names I come up with the funner this game sounds
Old 06-25-2016, 03:50 PM   #5
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Yep, i have some names in my post, i edited it a bit so maybe you didn't read em.

In general, i wouldn't have an issue to have some of those legends as "work to unlock them."

I Miss that from my older fighting games.I love the fact that you can finish EA UFC 1 and EA UFC 2 career and unlock the DLC fighters, props on the Devs and EA on that. I'd love to see some of that implemented in the next game,but don't make it feel as much as a choir it felt with EA UFC 2. Mainly because the AI is not fun to play against in this game, career mode felt pretty empty and dumb, so it felt like you had to grind playing an unfun mode to unlock those fighters.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 06-25-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2016, 03:58 PM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Yep, i have some names in my post, i edited it a bit so maybe you didn't read em.

In general, i wouldn't have an issue to have some of those legends as "work to unlock them."

I Miss that from my older fighting games.I love the fact that you can finish EA UFC 1 and EA UFC 2 career and unlock the DLC fighters, props on the Devs and EA on that. I'd love to see some of that implemented in the next game,but don't make it feel as much as a choir it felt with EA UFC 2. Mainly because the AI is not fun to play against in this game, career mode felt pretty empty and dumb, so it felt like you had to grind playing an unfun mode to unlock those fighters.
Dude was juicing also, I think Hendricks is almost fine, I would just crank up left overhand a lot, leg kicks a bit, maybe striking perk and a perk that allows you do put head between opponents legs next to cage. Maybe chin improvement to, and a little better cardio.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Siorai56's Arena

Brock will likely be in the next tuner update as EA/UFC want to capitalize on UFC 200 and as much as the MMA trolls dislike Brock he's still a bigger draw than anyone they have including McGregor. I'm curious to see if they will do anything special with the game for 200, having Brock in the game alone and promoting it will likely give sales a small spike.

Wand has no active contract with the UFC, just like Couture, depending what kind of a deal they had/have in place the UFC does or doesn't have likeness rights when they are out of competition. Liddell/Hughes are both employed by UFC corporate and everyone else has some sort of a likeness agreement (Coleman, Cro Cop, Griffin, GSP, etc).

As far as the customization goes, I am 100% with you, I know the UFC is very particular about their fighters appearance, ratings, etc in the game. However, really hoping in 3 we get a Madden level edit ability. Customizable ratings would allow users to adjust legacy fighters to their "prime" as they see fit giving us what we want while also not having to turn out multiple model for the same fighter.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:04 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man

P.S. Why was Wanderlei Silva/Brock Lesnar removed from the game, since the last EA SPORTS UFC 1 had them?
Wanderlei was signed to the UFC when UFC 1 came out. When UFC 2 came out the UFC had recently sued him and he was released from his contract.

This is just a rumor but I believe Brock's WWE contract didnt have exclusivity to his likeness when UFC 1 came out. I believe that his new WWE contract does have exclusivity. I'm hoping that WWE will make an exception and let him in UFC 2 given that he is back fighting for the WWE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »