Home

Ranked Championship Online: Making the Most Out of a Deep Roster

This is a discussion on Ranked Championship Online: Making the Most Out of a Deep Roster within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2016, 02:52 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ranked Championship Online: Making the Most Out of a Deep Roster

True, some will continue picking stars only, but this would help variety.

Another thing that would greatly help, a comprehensive purchasable strategy guide!!! Come on EA, charge me $20! The reason I am hesitant to pick unfamiliar fighters in ranked is because of I cannot remember their important perks, stats, and moves. If I could refresh my memory during the minute the game is loading I would choose a greater variety of fighters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2016, 03:27 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
haha, complaining about weidman and chris while using anderson, that is hilarious!

My 3 most used fighters are, Daniel hooker, Robert Whittaker and Alistair Overeem, i think overeem is maybe a 90 overall?

I don't have the greatest winning record, i took my fair bumps along the way becoming proficient with these guys and i still occasionally get held down for 3 rounds and lose a decision.

Thing is i consistenly beat guys in the top 100 with these 3 fighters, koed a guy in 5th round with alistair with 3 seconds to go the other day, he was ranked 50 i think. Incredibly satisfying beating them with skill over character.

But back to the topic...

Make it so you are rewarded more points for using lower rated fighters. Right now i think you only get 1 extra point for beating someone with a higher overall fighter, i think it should be more. Maybe a point for every point difference in fighters.

In most cases this would double the current point bonus at most. I still do not think that this is enough of an incentive to change fighter selection tendencies.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:30 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
I love the idea of a 'Random Ranked' division which runs parallel to regular ranked.

In this case, a winner using a lessor fighter should get bonus points. But I like the idea of it being completely random. I say pick your weight class and hit go.

The issue someone else brought up was how thin the online universe already is. Can such a small base handle spliting ranked into two groups?

Maybe the better question becomes "how can EA market this game so we can double the user base, enabling all these fun options." More people playing is key to so much of what's wrong with this game, IMO
I wouldn't be surprised if EA already has been growing the player base for this game. They really have made it far more accessible than any other MMA game I have seen. But none of us will really know whats what (thank Nick Diaz!) unless ea releases some confidential information.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:34 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
I certainly can't speak for the whole community but my guess is that the points matter very little to a large group of people, whereas point differentials based on using the lower rates fighter ( or fighter of the day) means a lot to those chasing goals.

To me, I purposely don't pick all weight classes (to avoid that bonus), and I'd rather not gain additional points for anything else. I don't want to end up in higher level divisions because I don't want to be matched up with the guys who play enough to know all the exploits and will smash me.

I don't think giving points is the answer for motivation, at least not broadly and with the impact we want
I think that part of the reason many people get smashed in the higher divisions is that you are playing against monsters that are selecting champ caliber fighters.

Most people that play this game have a certain stable of guys they are using over and over again. It would be fun to see whats up when you just pick your preferred weight class and go at it with whoever you are given
Old 06-30-2016, 03:39 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cernac
- When entering ranked, the ability to choose random and preference for striker, grappler, or none. If you are matched with someone else who has chosen random preference, that is the match, otherwise you go ahead with the match. That way the audience is not diluted.

- I don't really care about points. I don't like the idea of leveling attributes, because then what would be the point of different fighters.

- I don't like the grind of building up a CAF. I would prefer the old, old THQ WWF game where when you created your fighter you were given so many points to spread around different attributes. This would make all fighters absolutely equal, but their skills would be distributed differently.

I do not care about the points that much either... and I think that goes for most people playing.

I understand the CAF point allocation preference but I think you get to know your fighter by developing him/her and growing the fighters skills through fight experience. I would prefer UT to stay the way it is. Fight Night Champion had create a fighter down pat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2016, 03:43 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cernac
True, some will continue picking stars only, but this would help variety.

Another thing that would greatly help, a comprehensive purchasable strategy guide!!! Come on EA, charge me $20! The reason I am hesitant to pick unfamiliar fighters in ranked is because of I cannot remember their important perks, stats, and moves. If I could refresh my memory during the minute the game is loading I would choose a greater variety of fighters.

I suspect that the cost of producing a physical guide would exceed the revenue generated by the few people that share the same desire you have for one.

But you may be onto something. If there was a way (maybe a more robust single player mode) that encouraged people to practice with lower rated fighters outside of player/ranked matches... that could influence player selection
Old 06-30-2016, 05:12 PM   #23
Rookie

I think they should have a new mode called Random Mode. You and your opponents fighter is randomly picked for you. The fighters that are used have to be within 3 overall points of each other. They could have a leaderboard for this.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:24 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Clarke1
I suspect that the cost of producing a physical guide would exceed the revenue generated by the few people that share the same desire you have for

You are probably right... But how about a downloadable pdf of screenshots?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »