Home

Am i the only one who feels like Takedowns are broken and too easy to land now?

This is a discussion on Am i the only one who feels like Takedowns are broken and too easy to land now? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2016, 02:24 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Am i the only one who feels like Takedowns are broken and too easy to land now?

Takedowns and Clinch. They are getting really goofy.. Being hit and going through with fast and easy single leg takedowns..Takedown defence is somewhat broken with buttons not responding.. I used to be able to stuff every goofy randomly poorly timed takedown the enemies threw.. Now it seems to be based off on luck..Half the time my takedown defence registers half the other it doesn't and my controller doesn't even vibrate, because the game knows i didn't hit the wrong reversal button.

The fact that random Heavy takedowns are as easy to land as a normalm takedown, is what makes this even more stupid and proves my point that takedowns got broken with the last few patches.

I am not talking about the takedowns from the clinch. AT least those require some sort of skill to properly land by feinting and striking and defending transitions etc..

But on the stand-up they are completely goofy.. I mean why nerf the stand-up aspect of the game even more? Isn't stand-up the least favorite place in this game? Nobody can finish a fight just by stand-up striking unless his opponent wants to get finished.

Why make takedowns so easy to land. It was much better when they required for the enemy to miss 3 strikes then make takedowns unblockable..

Now the pre-emptive deny barely works and the way takedowns work are not explained properly in a tutorial or an online patch note..

You just ruin the game with patches like that.. Noobs were the ones complaining they couldn't land a takedown so you listen to them and you make the game goofy to please them? Where is the logic in that? I was able to land takedowns before they got overpowered but i had to slip a couple of strikes to time them propely. Now people just stand there getting hit and walk through your strikes then take you down or clinch you.. It's goofy i just wish it gets reverted to what it was..

Only thing i agree with is those body kicks stoping single leg takedowns. The rest of the strikes should stop clinch attempts and takedown attempts..

Knees should also stop those takedown attempts as knees are pretty useless at this state.

People complained about spinning kicks/superman punches, now nobody lands spining strikes or picks fighters who's arsenal is filled with them.

Next patch that adresses stand-up is the last chance i am giving this game. IF that patch don't fix those issues with stand-up i am done with the game..

Last edited by manliest_Man; 07-03-2016 at 02:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 02:40 AM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: Am i the only one who feels like Takedowns are broken and too easy to land now?

Did EA do an update in the past couple days?

I kinda thought takedowns are currently to easy to deny. I haven't played in a couple days but last time I played online it seemed like everyone could deny takedowns outside of the clinch pretty easily.

The same takedown technique I used it ufc 1 that worked +90% of the time now works probably 10% of the time.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:08 AM   #3
Banned

Re: Am i the only one who feels like Takedowns are broken and too easy to land now?

I agree with OP. People just shoot through my strikes now, even straight's that land flush and take me down with ease. It's frustrating as hell.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:09 AM   #4
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Yeah. Well that's not true anymore.

Pre-emptive takedowns denials used to be canceled if you missed 3 strikes. Now if you miss 1 kick you are going down and not with a simple takedown, with a heavy takedown.

Pre-emptive takedowns barely work and in general the takedown window barely works as intended.

They did a lot of changes, such as strikes not interupting takedowns and overall made them easier to land and they cost far less stamina when interupted.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:13 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Yeah. Well that's not true anymore.

Pre-emptive takedowns denials used to be canceled if you missed 3 strikes. Now if you miss 1 kick you are going down and not with a simple takedown, with a heavy takedown.

Pre-emptive takedowns barely work and in general the takedown window barely works as intended.

They did a lot of changes, such as strikes not interupting takedowns and overall made them easier to land and they cost far less stamina when interupted.
I also think takedowns when someone is rocked should be disabled, or the denial window should be absolutely humongous. Maybe their should be an animation where I can just instantly shove the guy off of me if I deny quick enough. I get so tired of rocking someone and they shoot and I have to wait for the TD denial animation for 5 seconds and then they've recovered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 03:32 AM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Preemptive takedown denials? I never try to deny takedown before i see the animation. Unless there has been an update my game have received

Even since the last patch td's seem crazy easy to deny to me on ps4. People i play against seem to normally be able to deny td's.

That's quick match though, ranked doesn't feel any different to me.

I don't play ultimate team though, or use wrestlers much, or get matched up against wrestlers much.

TD attempts from rocked opponents are one of the main reasons sprawl guillotines are so good, even though there is way too many gates.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:42 AM   #7
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

takedowns are perfect now and the fact you can't just jab or throw straight to block my takedown is the way it should be. I don't want a kickboxing game, I want a mma game. As it stands right now the game is pretty balanced beside a few things here and there but overall UFC 2 is in a good state.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:47 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
takedowns are perfect now and the fact you can't just jab or throw straight to block my takedown is the way it should be. I don't want a kickboxing game, I want a mma game. As it stands right now the game is pretty balanced beside a few things here and there but overall UFC 2 is in a good state.
Agreed

It's still too easy to knock someone out of a TD with hooks/uppercuts

op needs to learn that striking isnt supposed to be an effective way to stop Tds

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »