Home

Time, manpower, resources

This is a discussion on Time, manpower, resources within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #1
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Time, manpower, resources

Since the mods keep locking my threads for no reason. Im going to keep creating them.

This is a real discussion to be had.

Recently some fighters were addes to the game. Among them Leandro Santos.

So really. Whos playing as this guy?

Who wanted this guy? Anyone?

Complete waste of man power, time, effort, and resources that could have went ino actually improving the game. Either by fixing things that are wrong, giving us a fighter people actually want, adding fighters to their actual weight class, updating outdated character models like Micheal Bisping, etc, etc.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

Should The devs be concerned with adding in things no on really cares about, or should they be using those resources, time, etc to inprove the actual issues?

Im not bashing EA, or the devs. These devs are awesome, and i appreciate greatly them taking time to communicate with us.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Re: Time, manpower, resources

I am thinking they already had all this set up in advance, otherwise idk to be honest. I'd rather see game fixes then leandro Santos in the game, for sure.

I mean his movesets are just copy and paste like everyone else
Old 07-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
I am thinking they already had all this set up in advance, otherwise idk to be honest. I'd rather see game fixes then leandro Santos in the game, for sure.

This will likely get locked soon but I wanted to get this in.

I dont think its that far in advance. Not so much that they couldnt take a fighter off the list or move one up. For example, I dont think Sage was originally going to be one of the first fighters added but he got moved up because he became popular.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #4
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Quote:

That's what sucks, is that even if they add fighters I really want to this game, it won't be exciting because I know they won't feel much different from other fighters in their weight class unless there's a big height difference.

How the hell did they nail this in Undisputed so well
Old 07-04-2016, 01:39 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
That's what sucks, is that even if they add fighters I really want to this game, it won't be exciting because I know they won't feel much different from other fighters in their weight class unless there's a big height difference.

How the hell did they nail this in Undisputed so well
I think people overate Undisputed a bit when it comes to this. UD3 had signature strikes for a good portion of the well known fighters and thats one way that helped it stand out. They also had 5 years of moves (3 dev cycles) of moves that were added to each game. Those are all good features.

But the overall movesets werent much different apart from the top fighters and the ones who had signature moves. Also they had significantly less fighters to do movesets for. They werent much more realistic than EA UFC's was other than the cage strikes.

I remember back in January people were bitching about Aldo having spinning strikes in UFC 2 and a good amount argue that UD3 did it right...until I looked at Aldo's moveset in UD3 and he had the same amount of spinning strikes in that game.

Not saying that THQ didnt do a better job with movesets in UD3. I'm just saying its kinda comparing apples to oranges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #6
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think people overate Undisputed a bit when it comes to this. UD3 had signature strikes for a good portion of the well known fighters and thats one way that helped it stand out. They also had 5 years of moves (3 dev cycles) of moves that were added to each game. Those are all good features.

But the overall movesets werent much different apart from the top fighters and the ones who had signature moves. Also they had significantly less fighters to do movesets for. They werent much more realistic than EA UFC's was other than the cage strikes.

I remember back in January people were bitching about Aldo having spinning strikes in UFC 2 and a good amount argue that UD3 did it right...until I looked at Aldo's moveset in UD3 and he had the same amount of spinning strikes in that game.

Not saying that THQ didnt do a better job with movesets in UD3. I'm just saying its kinda comparing apples to oranges.
UD3 is definitely overrated, I think nostalgia plays a major factor as well.

I like where this game is at, currently. Except for my few complaints.

Comparing thus game to UD3 is laughable, IMO.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:48 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
UD3 is definitely overrated, I think nostalgia plays a major factor as well.

I like where this game is at, currently. Except for my few complaints.

Comparing thus game to UD3 is laughable, IMO.
There are somethings that UD3 does better though. Single strike stopping power is one of the biggest. The AI is better too but for the most part I prefer UFC 2.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:35 PM   #8
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

No 1 uses any other fighter but the champs even if they added ur fav bum from the UFC he is still gonna b 86 ovr and suck when I pick Jon jones. So glad u r banned

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »