Home

EA UFC 2 STRIKING and FBHR mechanics and How to use it

This is a discussion on EA UFC 2 STRIKING and FBHR mechanics and How to use it within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #25
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 2 STRIKING and FBHR mechanics and How to use it

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
1) He doesnt want to increase the size of the GC team right now. He's found that smaller teams work better in this program (He manages other EA Gamechanger teams). They are currently happy with the size of the team and dont want to increase it.

2) That isnt a studio. Thats an office. The link I provided lists all of the studios that EA currently has. Like I said before, its unlikely that EA will change its program for you.

Me, Zombie, Martial, Zack, Ipod, MMAGame and Yves all live in areas that are closer to EA's studio in Orlando. While I love going to Vancouver, it would be easier for us to go to EA Orlando, have the EA UFC Team upload a beta to a server and play it there.

They dont do that because they want us in studio and interacting directly with the entire team. If you dont come to Vancouver, you cant do that.
Could you ask him at least (may be as exception) , without GC status for me, invite to the direct chat with devs team (bringing more ideas and discussions about implementing mechanics directly with devs), i am ready to sign in any NDA about confidentional infos. Only direct chat with devs as you have it....?

Last edited by SUGATA; 01-18-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 09:06 AM   #26
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

This GC thing is starting to border obsession....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-19-2017, 02:38 PM   #27
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
This GC thing is starting to border obsession....
if you spent so much time and effort to creating exploring, creating ideas and solutions, you would understand me and my feelings.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:19 PM   #28
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
if you spent so much time and effort to creating exploring, creating ideas and solutions, you would understand me and my feelings.

I see your passion, but you've been pretty much told now just isn't your time. I apologize if this comes off as mean but if you did all this in hopes of being a GC, then you fooled yourself. There's guys all across this site that have dug into games and even created full functioning editors for games that got nothing more than maybe some donations and a thank you.

You've derailed your own thread with pretty much the same conversation that has happened in at least a couple of other threads. No doubt you have some good ideas and you know how to back them and support them. It just blows my mind that you and some others here refute that there is already someone on staff in what would be your role (with at least as much knowledge as you) and your location playing a major factor in why you being a GC may not happen, now.

I could be wrong but I feel like I've seen far more GCs and Devs in this section than any other on this site. And for those that say they aren't paying attention is just false. Movesets have been edited because of the awesome work of you guys so someone is definitely paying attention. And let's be real, the activity in here's isn't super crazy so even if they're just talking this section once every few days, they really aren't missing anything.

I just still don't understand why you keep beating this dead horse.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-20-2017, 02:27 AM   #29
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I see your passion, but you've been pretty much told now just isn't your time. I apologize if this comes off as mean but if you did all this in hopes of being a GC, then you fooled yourself. There's guys all across this site that have dug into games and even created full functioning editors for games that got nothing more than maybe some donations and a thank you.

You've derailed your own thread with pretty much the same conversation that has happened in at least a couple of other threads. No doubt you have some good ideas and you know how to back them and support them. It just blows my mind that you and some others here refute that there is already someone on staff in what would be your role (with at least as much knowledge as you) and your location playing a major factor in why you being a GC may not happen, now.

I could be wrong but I feel like I've seen far more GCs and Devs in this section than any other on this site. And for those that say they aren't paying attention is just false. Movesets have been edited because of the awesome work of you guys so someone is definitely paying attention. And let's be real, the activity in here's isn't super crazy so even if they're just talking this section once every few days, they really aren't missing anything.

I just still don't understand why you keep beating this dead horse.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I did all that work during the last several years, even when there was not GCs program and continue to do it when GC program has not vacancion so you can not to said that I am doing this to become GC.
I DO IT TO MAKE THE GAME BETTER.
Because I want to play the better game.
To become a GC for me is only the more easier way to do it.
And the cause of so many discussions about it last days is the lack of official answers about the refuse for me, the most of them were a SUGGESTIONS, except may be the last post from Analbert.
You know me only 1 year while on OS, so you don't know me well and can not to understand the situation clearly.

P.S. Pay attention also that the start of GC discussions from me was ONLY AFTER Kinetic was choosen as New GC. So you are wrong in your thoughts about my motivation.
As u said I DONT NEED GC status, THE ONLY one thing that I need is the access to direct chat with devs which has other GCs to bring my ideas and solution quicker and directly!

Last edited by SUGATA; 01-20-2017 at 02:30 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:04 AM   #30
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Keep fighting the good fight, man...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-20-2017, 09:08 AM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I did all that work during the last several years, even when there was not GCs program and continue to do it when GC program has not vacancion so you can not to said that I am doing this to become GC.
I DO IT TO MAKE THE GAME BETTER.
Because I want to play the better game.
To become a GC for me is only the more easier way to do it.
And the cause of so many discussions about it last days is the lack of official answers about the refuse for me, the most of them were a SUGGESTIONS, except may be the last post from Analbert.
You know me only 1 year while on OS, so you don't know me well and can not to understand the situation clearly.

P.S. Pay attention also that the start of GC discussions from me was ONLY AFTER Kinetic was choosen as New GC. So you are wrong in your thoughts about my motivation.
As u said I DONT NEED GC status, THE ONLY one thing that I need is the access to direct chat with devs which has other GCs to bring my ideas and solution quicker and directly!
I'm going to change my name to Analbert. LOL.

I dont think its likely that you will get access to the chat if you arent a part of the full gamechangers program. They tend to want people who are able to participate in every part of the program.

If that wasnt the case, Tweedy would still be a part of the team. He participated in the chat and was fairly active during the beta and release phases of the game. He didnt go to any of the events though and thats why he is no longer a part of the team.

I also think you are envisioning the chats as being something more than what they are. There are more devs in the chats than visit OS but not many more and the ones that are the most active are the ones that post at OS (GPD and Skynet). Even in the chat, their responses arent immediate. They have jobs and respond when they can. So while its definitely more direct, its not necessarily quicker.

One last thing: I've read many of your posts here and there are plenty of good ideas in them. Its possible that many of those ideas you posted are being implemented in some way in a future game. With that said, if you join the team those ideas will be challenged and questioned. Challenged and questioned by the devs. Challenged and questioned by other GCers. Challenged from a realism perspective. Challenged from a balance perspective. Challenged from a fun perspective. Questioned on whether it works from a budget perspective.

So while you may have an idea that in your mind is great and the best solution to a problem, the devs and the team may not agree with that for various reasons.

The best skill to have on the team is the ability to find a solution within the current budget, tech and manpower parameters. Thats one of the reasons why I would love for you to become a member of the team because I would love to see how some of those ideas change once you are aware of what is and isnt possible (from a budget and manpower perspective) within the game.

That likely only happens if you are able to fully participate as a GCer though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #32
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm going to change my name to Analbert. LOL.

I dont think its likely that you will get access to the chat if you arent a part of the full gamechangers program. They tend to want people who are able to participate in every part of the program.

If that wasnt the case, Tweedy would still be a part of the team. He participated in the chat and was fairly active during the beta and release phases of the game. He didnt go to any of the events though and thats why he is no longer a part of the team.

I also think you are envisioning the chats as being something more than what they are. There are more devs in the chats than visit OS but not many more and the ones that are the most active are the ones that post at OS (GPD and Skynet). Even in the chat, their responses arent immediate. They have jobs and respond when they can. So while its definitely more direct, its not necessarily quicker.

One last thing: I've read many of your posts here and there are plenty of good ideas in them. Its possible that many of those ideas you posted are being implemented in some way in a future game. With that said, if you join the team those ideas will be challenged and questioned. Challenged and questioned by the devs. Challenged and questioned by other GCers. Challenged from a realism perspective. Challenged from a balance perspective. Challenged from a fun perspective. Questioned on whether it works from a budget perspective.

So while you may have an idea that in your mind is great and the best solution to a problem, the devs and the team may not agree with that for various reasons.

The best skill to have on the team is the ability to find a solution within the current budget, tech and manpower parameters. Thats one of the reasons why I would love for you to become a member of the team because I would love to see how some of those ideas change once you are aware of what is and isnt possible (from a budget and manpower perspective) within the game.

That likely only happens if you are able to fully participate as a GCer though.
aholbert...excuse me for the error with your name, i wrote on phone.

About the chat: i asked could you to ask those who is responsible for that. Could to to _ask_? please)

Tweedy was gone because he dropped down the game, this is the true cause. He is playing MKX now on pro level instead of UFC.

About challenging and questioning - this is the primary cause of my willing to particiapte in devs shat discussion directly, but not through several "broken phones"!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »