Home

EA UFC 2 Mechanics you don't like and would like reworked

This is a discussion on EA UFC 2 Mechanics you don't like and would like reworked within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #9
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 2 Mechanics you don't like and would like reworked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Haven't all of these things been discussed in depth in other threads? I see this turning into thread of just bashing the game.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Why do you think I like the sale of the UFC thread? Everything else has been discussed to death lol.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:39 PM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

True. But when explained over and over? I mean, if this is kind of like a wishlist thread, then I get it. If you're trying to have the information all in one place, well isn't that what has gotten the closing of threads (while providing a link) criticized?

There's nothing wrong with the thread. Just seems like another excuse to slame the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #11
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
True. But when explained over and over? I mean, if this is kind of like a wishlist thread, then I get it. If you're trying to have the information all in one place, well isn't that what has gotten the closing of threads (while providing a link) criticized?

There's nothing wrong with the thread. Just seems like another excuse to slame the game.

Just the nature of it. You should know that lol. I used to do the same thing. Close the thread and provide a link to another one where the same thing was being discussed. Makes sense, but not everyone sees it that way. To me, you are just keeping the boards clean and all the relevant discussions remain on the front page. That is how it is supposed to work. Keep on keeping on man. Nothing wrong with a well run forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #12
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Haven't all of these things been discussed in depth in other threads? I see this turning into thread of just bashing the game.

I made this thread for existing game feutures that people don't like and want to discuss and changed or reworked..

Instead of everyone making a specific thread bashing existing feutures, they can discuss the existing issues with the existing feutures, in here, so that the forum is not overflowed.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:58 PM   #13
Rookie

WhoDatNinja's Arena

Outside of standup striking id like to see all things improved, but i think rework is too strong a word. Id like to see a thread that discusses whats GOOD about the game, so they don't remove the good features. I have fun with the game still, my only complaint is combo multiplier plus sweet combos minus weak block... Overall i think the game has a really good balance when people arent spamming combos, like against friends.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:25 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:

YES!!!!! You nailed it
Old 07-12-2016, 10:35 PM   #15
Pro

I'll take the bait. Here is something that drives me nuts. Fighter stats!

Indulge for a second. I'm not going to complain about the OP of certain fighters which makes the ranked game kind of menotonous (playing the same five guys 95% of the time).

What bugs me is how high stats are. When all the guys have stats pushed up higher than they should be, this eliminates a unique feel between fighters. I hate to harp on the same things, but I'll use unrealistic McGregor as an example. How the hell are his ground stats so high?

I would like to see a really top level stat at ~90 or 95 so we aren't looking at competitive stats and seeing a 2 or 3 point difference in so many area of the game.

If I'm going to continuously play with Gilbert Burns at LW and deal with Aldo and Barboza's leg kicks (which deserve to be significantly higher than the others), or McGregors bs all around best at everything skillset and circus act moveset, then my advantage on the ground with Burns should be super obvious against everyone but maybe BJ Penn.

So yeah, more relative difference in fighters, and just reducing what a top level stat is. I just hate to see so many guys in the high 90s. A bunch on guys have stats between 97-99 which is basically saying no one had ever been or can ever be better in that department. Leave room for someone better in any given category.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 11:58 PM   #16
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I don't like ufc 2 because I'm terrible at it!

In all honestly I think the hit stuns on the ground are over the top and the time for them should be significantly reduced. One jab to a healthy DJ stunned him for what seemed liked seconds. I dropped one elbow after waiting a long time and ko'd a DJ that was only in mount because I arm trapped him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »